Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Spotify not working with Google Home

Solved!

Re: Spotify not working with Google Home

What worked for me was to factory reset all devices so they are unlinked from my current "home" in google home app. Then remove "home". Create new home and then reconfigure the devices.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Mine started working again after I had tried all solutions above (apart from new account) and they had failed. I thought it may be the general issue that was mentioned above being solved but I see that is still under investigation.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

so after reading some of these comments, I was determined this was 100% a Spotify issue. I’ve been wasting time fighting with Google Home support. 

I have gone off/on premium as special offers come out. I’ve noticed that mine has been acting up a lot since I dropped my service from premium to free. I just activated my premium account and BOOM, issue fixed. 

this leads me to believe there is a cache in my account within the Spotify servers. 

as an IT person, I’ve flushed out my apps, devices, cache, etc. it’s not my home. There is something acting up with our accounts at Spotify. 

Highlighted

Hey @JMcConville,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're happy to hear that at the end you managed to resolve your issues with Spotify and Google Home. We want to reassure you that we take the utmost care for all accounts across all free and Premium services that we offer. However it's possible that individual account face certain issues that can be resolved by creating a new one. We understand how this can cause an inconvenience and suggest it only after everything else has been tried. To ease the process we've posted these instructions on how to transfer your library, so that nothing gets lost.  

To everyone experiencing similar issues we've gathered all steps that have worked for users so far and ask you to first try these out:

• unlink and relink Spotify with your Google Home app. You can find instructions on how to do this here or in @Guido's post
  • try using a different networks, such as a mobile hotspot. If it works there reach out to your ISP about possible restrictions of your internet network
  • perform a clean reinstall of both your Spotify and Google Home app, as the file integrity could be compromised and causing such issues. This Spotify Answer can help with that. 
  • perform a factory reset on all devices and ensure that they are running the latest firmware and fully up to date

Hope this is helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Casual Listener

why should we have to create new accounts and transfer everything over, to fix a coding bug within your application?

SUGGESTED POSTS