Spotify not working with Google Home

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify not working with Google Home

Visitor

Seems to be a Spotify server side issue, or some permissions issue between Spotify and google. Hope they’ve got their best people working on this and solve it today. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have the exact same issue. Started happening yesterday afternoon and now nothing will case to any of the devices. I have a google audio device, google chromscast, and  a google nest hub. I hear a sound like its going to connect and then nothing. The google nest shows the following error

15888553298483906098657763474269.jpg

Highlighted

Visitor

It didn't solve the problem. I'm having the same problem as everyone else here. It's not casting and it's only playing 20 seconds. I don't want to pay Spotify for nothing 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Spotify works on my home mini. Not on my google home. Hmmm

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Mine stopped working yesterday afternoon as well. I gone through ever suggestion on here and it's still not working.

Highlighted

Visitor

**bleep** thank God i checked here, I thought it was just me but it looks like Spotify broke it once again...Music gets me through my day so can we please fix this, not trying to kill me phone battery by just using my phone to play music. We paid for this service !

Highlighted

Ok so it looks like I'm not the only one having the problem. I am also unable to play music from spotify on my google mini with my iPhone SE (2017). Maybe spotify is having server issues after its update yesterday...?

EDIT: This all started happening yesterday night by the way

Highlighted

Visitor

Have two Google home devices, both stopped working yesterday afternoon.  I am also unable to cast Spotify from my phone to my home devises or my Android TV.  Have tried all the tips mentioned to correct the issue, nothing works.  Seems like this is a Spotify tech issue, which I hope is addressed ASAP.

Highlighted

Visitor

I tried the solution but Google still says "Something went wrong." It started yesterday. I only use Spotify through Google Hub so if its not fixed I'll have to cancel my account.

Highlighted

Visitor

Just adding my name to the list of “ive tried all of this and it still isn’t working.”

SUGGESTED POSTS