Premium

Country

Spain

Device

LG SK8 (Built in Chromecast)

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having trouble since a week, I literally can't cast Spotify to my soundbar from ANY device. I have tried with my laptop, Desktop PC and several smartphones. 
The soundbar works fine. I can cast my phone's audio with other apps. 

I can see the soundbar listed in my network devices. When I choose to cast spotify to the built in Chromecast, it keeps attempting to connect, but it never endes. The same happens using smartphones and PC. 

I have read many people complaining about the same issue. It's not fixed yet. 
 Already updated soundbar firmware, and cellphone spotify app (unistalled and clean installed).

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We've taken this up with the team at LG as it's related to the particular devices and how they are set up to function. Because of this it's not something we can influence.

We recommend that you, if your setup allows it, change the digital sound out setting on your devices from Auto or Pass Through to another one. Improvements have also already been put into place and the firmware of some models has been updated to remedy this.

So make sure to update your firmware to the latest version available and if the issue persists - reach out to the Customer Support team of LG. You can contact them here.

Thanks!

231 Replies

Guys.
I have same issue. But I have temporary solution.
Find and install Google Home from Android Store (you can find this also for Iphone).
Install
Connect phone and soundbar to the same Wifi. (BEST if its 5 GHz)
Program will show your device automatically but you can try to search manually. Find your device and click on it. Then on bottom right you will see option to send sound.
Your phone will mirror sound to soundbar.
Then launch any app you want and play what you want.
Sound will be played on soundbar.
-------
MOST IMPORTANT THING:
I noticed that LG devices (TV, soundbars etc) working better on 5 GHz wifi and you want also manually set channel - higher is better - at least 50).
My LG OLED B7 not working if the channel is lower and soundbar cant connect at all to wifi.
----------
In my opinion LG suck with device updates and in networking hardware - this is main reason why this not working properly.

Thanks for your tip Yagis. It's more a workaround than a solution, because with this setting you send ALL sounds to Chromecast (just like Bluetooth), so you can't play games or watch movieswhile listening to Spotify.

And that kind of streaming eats your phone battery too 😕

My recently bought LG SK8 Soundbar is not working with Spotify casting from Android Smartphone. Tidal too. Only YT Music is working. Casting sound from Google home works, but it is not a solution.

It's solved! Thank U!

it´s solved? Can you explain how you did it because its not working withm my soundbar lg sk10y 5.1.2

thank you

Hello, i still having the problem, is not solved. Anyway, i don't know if the problem is about LG or Spoty, but bo one of them seem to be on care of this

Lg sk9y, still not working. Spotify app cant connect to the soundbar, only try to connect. However i can change volume on my soundbar with spotify app during it tries to connect. 

i reported the problem to lg and to spotify back in october, until now noone give me any answer.

its a shame that spotify still shows on webpage that it works with chromecast build in speaker, they should change it to BT not cast.

we have sound on my lg sk9 soundbar again. did take the power plug out of the socket for 10 sec.

did a test with windows 10 app and android both are working fine

thank you Thull, its working with my sk10y also on windows, my cellphone doesnt have google services.

i hope this time it works for more then 3 days.

After power off its working thx

It started working again for me on my LG SK10Y soundbar.

This happened before for 2 days then it stopped working for a long time until now. Why doesn't someone from Spotify confirm whether the issue is now resolved or whether they are still testing ? It is really frustrating that nobody from Spotify is able to say anything.

We'll see how long it works for this time...

Spotify for iOS version: 8.5.86.739

LG SK10Y Soundbar has not been updated:

Chromecast: 1.21.75965

The change is obviously in the data stream. For those where it is not working yet I think you just have to be patient while it is being rolled out to all the locations.

SJ9: The problem still exists. Did you all get an update? I still have problems with Wwindows and the android app

Still not working. Windows 10, Mac OS, Android, all devices freshes version of OS and SPOTIFY. LG SK8. 

@Katerina @Jeremy @Ivan @Alex 

Just @-ded some mods, maybe the 20 pages long thread will pop on their screen now.

This is just taking waaaaaay to long without any updates from Spotify....

1. I Just unplugged my sk10y for 10 seconds then i plugged it, now its working on Windows 10, i cant use it on my cellphone, no Google services on Huawei. 
  2. No updates are available from LG or spotify, i still dont understand why it happens. 
  3. Its really sad that neither spotify or LG give clientes an answer. 
  4.  I dont know for how long it will work, Last time back in october it worked for 3 days.
  5. If you are wsiting for any answer from spotify you better forget it. 
  6. It seems their solution is using BT instead, thats not what we are paying for but we can always change from music service, prices are identical. 
  7. So is  up to us what to do, if problem appears again i am sure i will change. 
  8. Thank you all for your help. 

Working again for me... got a whole bunch of LG H7 and H3 and I’m able to both cast and group play now.

Suggest Spotify track their changes / version control to the module they fixed for this and then leave it alone 🙂

Same problem with SK9Y. Since October at least. I live in France if it ever helps.

Lg sl7y 19082121

Spotify 8.5.88.883

Android 10, Android  9, Windows

This is really anoying! I pay a lot to be a premium member and it does not work to cast. It does not work with Spotify! 

Suggested posts