Premium

Country

Spain

Device

LG SK8 (Built in Chromecast)

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having trouble since a week, I literally can't cast Spotify to my soundbar from ANY device. I have tried with my laptop, Desktop PC and several smartphones. 
The soundbar works fine. I can cast my phone's audio with other apps. 

I can see the soundbar listed in my network devices. When I choose to cast spotify to the built in Chromecast, it keeps attempting to connect, but it never endes. The same happens using smartphones and PC. 

I have read many people complaining about the same issue. It's not fixed yet. 
 Already updated soundbar firmware, and cellphone spotify app (unistalled and clean installed).

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We've taken this up with the team at LG as it's related to the particular devices and how they are set up to function. Because of this it's not something we can influence.

We recommend that you, if your setup allows it, change the digital sound out setting on your devices from Auto or Pass Through to another one. Improvements have also already been put into place and the firmware of some models has been updated to remedy this.

So make sure to update your firmware to the latest version available and if the issue persists - reach out to the Customer Support team of LG. You can contact them here.

Thanks!

231 Replies

@Spotify,

Any news about this issue?

Only that I cancelled my subscription, apparently spotify doesn't care

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

Recently we've received multiple reports from users having trouble casting from the Spotify app on any device to their LG Soundbar systems. We want to let you know that we've informed the relevant team about this issue, and they are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version (Desktop/Mobile etc.)
  • exact Spotify version
  • LG Soundbar exact model and Firmware version
  • Are you having issues casting to any other LG devices connected with Chromecast

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Hereby my summary:  

Iphone 11 - Software Version 14.0

Spotify Version 8.5.83.1426

LG SK6F - Main: 19081623 - Chromecast: 1.21.75965

I only have 1 LG Device with Chromecast

device + OS version: Every device, Android or Windows, multiple distributions (MIUI and HUAWEI).

exact Spotify version: 8.5.83.1075LG Soundbar exact model and Firmware version: LG SK8

Main: 19081623
Micom: 18112100
DSP: 18010400
ChromeCast: 1.21.75965

Are you having issues casting to any other LG devices connected with Chromecast: just spotify. From the same phone, I'm able to cast all my phone sounds thrugh google home.

Glad to see this under-investigation.  I'd encourage all affected so far to VOTE

Same problem

LG SL7Y, Android 10, Samsung S20 FE and other android devices

LG Software details

Main: 1908212

Micom: 1901121

Sound Effect: 161104B

Chromecast: 1.21.75965

SPOTIFY VERSION.  Tried every release for past 2 weeks and joined beta channel too - currently on

Are you having issues casting to any other LG devices connected with Chromecast: no

Same problem.

LG SK8 Soundbar soft ver.:

DSP: 18010400
ChromeCast: 1.21.75965

Problem occurs when casting from Windows 10 (firefox & chrome), Android & iPhone

Same issue with Tidal. Other apps working with no problems.

Spotify - every version from mid Septemper 2020.

LG SK9Y

No update available 

HDMI: 18071000

DSP: 18071100

Tested on Oneplus 8 Pro with OxygenOS 10.0.9.GM21BA on Android 10

Tested on Iphone 8 with latest iOS

Btw. guys, are we sure we're using Chromecast to connect to the soundbar?

I mean i open the Spotify app and choose the Speaker from there (which is still working as it appears there).

Isn't that the Spotify connect feature?

Oneplus connects to LG 65C8LLA with latest Spotify App and webOS Update without any issues!

The TV starts Spotify App and i can control Spotify from my smartphone flawlessly

Double posting due to spam report for first post

but what about soundbar

LG SK9Y

No update available

HDMI: 18071000
DSP: 18071100

SPOTIFY VERSION
Win 10: 1.1.45.621 Ms Store
Andriod: 8.5.83.1075

Are you having issues casting to any other LG devices connected with Chromecast: just spotify.

This thread is about Soundbar issues, what du you think 😝

Of course it's not working with same behaviour like the others mention Spotify flashes up shortly (1-2 sec) and then Wi-FI is shown again constantly so it just cant connect

• Device is a iphone XR on IOS 14.2
  • Spotify version 8.5.83.1426
  • LG Soundbar SK10Y
  • Main: 19081623 Micom:18112100 DSP:18071100 HDMI:18071000 Chromecast:1.21.75965
  • The problem most people have here. Spotify continues to connect with the soundbar. Spotify flashes on the screen and then wifi returns. I have no problems with all other cast aps.
  • Hope this problem will be solved soon
  • I live in the Netherlands

Hi, I' ve got the same issue with the SK10Y soundbar. I already contacted LG about this and they said it clearly is a problem in Spotify.

fix it please, why does it take so long?

Same problem with LG SK10Y 

its been more than a month! 

I've been having the same problem for the past month. I'm using Youtube Music instead because of Spotify's casting problem.

• iPhone SE / iOS 14.2
  • Spotify v8.5.83.1426
  • LG SK10Y 
  • I am not having problems Chromecasting to this LG soundbar from other applications like Pandora, Youtube Music, Soundcloud, etc...

Also having trouble with the desktop Spotify

• macOS 10.15.7
  • Spotify Desktop 1.1.45.621.gdddebadc
  • LG SK10Y

Same issue here. Creating an audio/speaker group with other home devices forces this to work on the LG device. 

device + OS version (Desktop/Mobile etc.) Oneplus 8 / OxygenOS 11.IN21AA (Android 11)

exact Spotify version 8.5.84.875

LG Soundbar exact model and Firmware version Firmware 19081623 / Chromecast 1.21.75965

Are you having issues casting to any other LG devices connected with Chromecast only one available 

Same issue for SK9Y with latest firmwares both on Pixel 4a with latest Android 11 or on my PC with latest Spotify app from the market. SK9Y is connected via cable, so no wi-fi issues can be here

Soundbar sees attempts to connect as I see changing Wi-Fi / Spotify but nothing happened. 

Ordinary Screen Mirroring from Android works fast and I can listen to music this way (but for sure it is not what expected)

Suggested posts