Premium

Country

Spain

Device

LG SK8 (Built in Chromecast)

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having trouble since a week, I literally can't cast Spotify to my soundbar from ANY device. I have tried with my laptop, Desktop PC and several smartphones. 
The soundbar works fine. I can cast my phone's audio with other apps. 

I can see the soundbar listed in my network devices. When I choose to cast spotify to the built in Chromecast, it keeps attempting to connect, but it never endes. The same happens using smartphones and PC. 

I have read many people complaining about the same issue. It's not fixed yet. 
 Already updated soundbar firmware, and cellphone spotify app (unistalled and clean installed).

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We've taken this up with the team at LG as it's related to the particular devices and how they are set up to function. Because of this it's not something we can influence.

We recommend that you, if your setup allows it, change the digital sound out setting on your devices from Auto or Pass Through to another one. Improvements have also already been put into place and the firmware of some models has been updated to remedy this.

So make sure to update your firmware to the latest version available and if the issue persists - reach out to the Customer Support team of LG. You can contact them here.

Thanks!

231 Replies

Having the same issues as you (LG MusicFlow H3, H7 and SJ8 / Chromecast speakers). I can't even stream to them individually let alone as a group. I have to stream to them using Spotify Connect which thankfully is an option, but only single speakers.

As a very strange update though... yesterday (23rd November), Chromecast/Google Cast worked absolutely fine. Single and Group speakers worked perfectly from around midday (UK Time) through to when I went to bed around midnight.

Woke up this morning (24th November) and it's all down again and not working.

Very Frustrating!

Other devices: iOS14 devices and latest Spotify app

Mine stopped working again as well. Spotify please stop breaking things please.

I have exactly the same problem as described in this thread. I can stream everything but Spotify to my LGSK10Y. Stream from my Google home device or iPhone makes no difference. The Spotify text appears shortly on the Soundbar. Nothing happens. This worked flawlessly for one and a halve years. I'm starting to think that buying a chrome cast audio is the best option at this time. Or perhaps switch music services (but I like Spotify so I'd rather not).

@Spotify: if there is an issue and you are working on it let us know. I was solved shortly apparently?

thats exactly the point, it seems that we all like Spotify, the question is: is Spotify respecting customers? What services are we paying for? We pay for 100% and only receive 50% of the service, is that fair?

We all know that Spotify (and all the others) are here to make money but they should not forget that customers are here to get the full service they are paying for.

Aaaand its gone... Spotify get your s...tuff together 😕 (SK6F)

I am having the exact same issue, however on a Vizio soundbar. Also since a few weeks and similar behaviour. Please resolve.

Aannndddd.. after working for 2 days its back in broken state. Still I have my YouTube Music trail:)

NOT WORKING AGAIN!!! WHAT'S WRONG SPOTIFY!! 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞

• My phone is a Samsung S9 on Android 10
  • Spotify version 8.5.85.894
  • LG Soundbar SK10Y
  • Main: 19081623 Micom:18112100 DSP:18071100 HDMI:18071000 Chromecast:1.21.75965
  • Working in Windows 10 too, Spotify version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1

It worked for 2 days and suddenly it doens't work again. No change in app versions. What the **bleep** is going on!!!

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Same problem on LG SK8. The soundbar appears in the devices menu, but when selected "Spotify" flashes on the display and won't connect. Tried everything: app reinstall, router reset, soundbar reset, new wi-fi connection, wired internet connection, still the same. All the other apps are ok: google home controls it, mixcloud and soundcloud are streaming fine.

Same here with my LG SL8Y. Everything stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Nest Mini, Nest Hub, Harman Kardon Citation are working with no problems. Youtube Music does work fine.

I have done everything. Reset router, reset soundbar, reinstalled Spotify and applied for Beta releases (one has to do something). 

I gave up and will wait for an update. Too bad Spotify that this isn't fixed yet. Please guys!!

Any updates so far? We need to at least know what’s going on. Everything works fine except casting to LG soundbar. 

Yeah good job, worked for like half a day

I have been having this issue for several weeks now. 

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your reports. We've forwarded all the info that we've received and the teams are still looking into this.

If you still experience this, but haven't provided us with the info that we ask for in the status update, feel free to give us more details, so that we'd be able to report them further.

We appreciate your patience with this and thank you for your cooperation.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Having issues for weeks now since Oct 2020 on my SL7Y. No resolution yet? 

device + OS version (Desktop/Mobile etc.): iPhone XR, OS 14.1

exact Spotify version: 8.5.86.739

LG Soundbar exact model and Firmware version: SL7Y, firmware main 1908212, chromecast 1.21.75965

Are you having issues casting to any other LG devices connected with Chromecast: No

Hi, I am having the same problem with my LG SK8 for about a month and I'm really missing the functionality. The built-in Chromecast in the soundbar can cast from other apps like BBC and Spotify will connect to another Chromecast in the house, so this is isolated to Spotify and my LG SK8 soundbar. 

Looking forward to it working again or the next update. 

Already a month an no solution. Either is solved in a couple weeks or I'm leaving the service. This is not what I'm paying for 😞

Yes the bug-fix shouldn't have taken this long.

Spotify will only work for 5 seconds on the LG SN9YG soundbar then keep playing on the app for both PC and android phone but disconnect on the soundbar.

Devices:  PC Windows App and Pixel 5 

Spotify version: latest version on computer, app version 8.5.86.854

LG Soundbar exact model and Firmware version: LG SN9YG Firmware Main: 2007130, Micom: 2007131, Chromecast: 1.40.168834

Are you having issues casting to any other LG devices connected with Chromecast: I don't have any other LG devices.

@Elena I have the same problem with my SK10Y. Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy S9. Spotify version 8.5.86.854.

I had the exact same problem with Tidal (which is the reason why I moved to Spotify). Tidal concluded that they do not support the ancient chromecast version found in LG SK10Y (1.21.75965). Tidal only support chromecast 1.36.154871 and above. I suspect the same goes for Spotify, although they don't seem to know it themselves. 

I also see users of other services (like Deezer and mentioned Tidal) complaining about casting to LG soundbars in other forums. 

LG doesn't listen to users, so hopefully Spotify could knock on their door and have them release a firmware upgrade with a never version of chromecast.

Suggested posts