Premium

Country

Spain

Device

LG SK8 (Built in Chromecast)

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having trouble since a week, I literally can't cast Spotify to my soundbar from ANY device. I have tried with my laptop, Desktop PC and several smartphones. 
The soundbar works fine. I can cast my phone's audio with other apps. 

I can see the soundbar listed in my network devices. When I choose to cast spotify to the built in Chromecast, it keeps attempting to connect, but it never endes. The same happens using smartphones and PC. 

I have read many people complaining about the same issue. It's not fixed yet. 
 Already updated soundbar firmware, and cellphone spotify app (unistalled and clean installed).

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We've taken this up with the team at LG as it's related to the particular devices and how they are set up to function. Because of this it's not something we can influence.

We recommend that you, if your setup allows it, change the digital sound out setting on your devices from Auto or Pass Through to another one. Improvements have also already been put into place and the firmware of some models has been updated to remedy this.

So make sure to update your firmware to the latest version available and if the issue persists - reach out to the Customer Support team of LG. You can contact them here.

Thanks!

231 Replies

I have the same issue w/my sk9y soundbar spotify with android can see the soundbar but when connecting it just wont work It starts the sounbar and changes the source to wifi and might even blink spotify text for second but then all comes crashing down and it returns to the wifi mode on the soundbar

Every setting and home network has been reset

But not working

I'm using My soundbar with Oneplus 7 pro variant

Screenshot_20201201-161156.jpg

Exactly the same issue as everyone else describes with my LG soundbar. Tried iOS an Android Spotify apps, reset my router....nothing helps. Hope we have a fix asap, not worth my monthly subscription if this doesn't work. Thanks.

Not just soundbars, but TVs as well:

Model 65UN7300AUD

webOS TV Version 5.1.0-3203

Spotify tv app Version 2.0.13 (update 7/15/2020)

Premium Account user - problem started the DAY I purchased my premium account 😠

I’m having the same issue. It seemed to start for me around the weekend of October 24, 2020. I had been able to Google Cast to my speakers or groups of speakers just fine previously. The only difference is that I have a Vizio soundbar and speakers, but I suspect it’s the same issue. Details of my setup:

• Operating system: Mac laptop, latest MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, iPhone 11 Pro, 
  • Mac Spotify version: 1.1.47.684.g136419d9 iPhone Spotify Version: 8.5.86 (Family Premium Plan)
  • Vizio Soundbar Model: SB3651 Version: v2.9.3.1 Cast Version: 1.21.75965
  • Also not working with Vizio Crave 360 Version: v1.0.3.5 Cast Version: 1.21.75965

Same issue here, chromecast just stopped working with both my phones

1. Xperia XZ Premium

2. iPhone 8

Note: similar issue when i'm casting from my phones to my PS4, however if I play the music from my PS4 and open the spotify app in either my phones - casting successful, i can choose songs, play, pause or stop prior when the issue occured.

Seems issue is when phones are trying to communicate with chromecast, 3-way shandshake is not happening.. Probably you can use wireshark and identify which traffic is being blocked or drop. 

Same issue here.

LG SK10Y

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

latest firmware on soundbar, latest Spotify version.

I am paying for something I am not receiving.

@Elena can you give us an update every once in a while? It would be nice if we could ask Google to play Christmas songs in 2020. Is this achievable? Or should we all ask Santa Claus for a Youtube Music subscription?

Same issue. 

LG SK8 soundbar

Spotify version 8.5.86.854

problems with any mobile device (eg. OnePlus 6t)

Hace meses que ya no puedo conectar Spotify o Tidal a mi barra de sonido LG SK10Y a través de Chromecast. Antes funcionaba sin pero de la noche a la mañana ha dejado de la sed. El dispositivo móvil es un Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (G8441) con Android 9. La versión de la app de Google Home es 2.31.1.7 La versión del Chromecast de la barra de sonido es 1.21.75965. Se probará a reinstalar las aplicaciones, reiniciar los dispositivos a configuración de fábrica, probar diferentes redes wifi, desconectar loss y nada funciona. Cuando intento transmitir la música desde Spotify a la barra a través del Chromecast, aparece la palabra "Spotify" en la pantalla de la barra de la barra de, pero la música se reproduzca en el dispositivo móvil, a los pocos segundos se pierde la palabra "Spotify" de la barra de la barra de sonido y simplemente aparecemente la palabra "Wi-fi", indicandondo la entrada que está seleccionada en la barra de sonido.

Hace meses que ya no puedo conectar Spotify o Tidal a mi barra de sonido LG SK10Y a través de Chromecast. Antes funcionaba perfectamente pero de la noche a la mañana ha dejado de funcionar. El dispositivo móvil es un Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (G8441) con Android 9. La versión de la app de Google Home es 2.31.1.7  La versión del Chromecast de la barra de sonido es 1.21.75965. He probado a reinstalar las aplicaciones, reiniciar los dispositivos a configuración de fábrica, probar diferentes redes wifi, desconectar los aparatos y nada funciona. Cuando intento transmitir la música desde Spotify a la barra a través del Chromecast, aparece la palabra "Spotify" en la pantalla de la barra de sonido, pero la música se sigue reproduciendo en el dispositivo móvil, a los pocos segundos desaparece la palabra "Spotify" de la pantalla de la barra de sonido y aparece simplemente la palabra "Wifi", indicando la entrada que está seleccionada en la barra de sonido.

Stesso lo stesso problema con la mia soundbar lg 

This is taking far too long.. there is a brief period whereby the issue is fixed and after that its not working again. Can Spotify please do something? It has been dragging for months.

No communication about the issue is really bad... I'm transitioning to YT Music and I'm not gonna say good things about Spotify... LG also doesn't give a f... about customers by not updating Chromecast in their hardware. Both companies f... up here and I'm not sure yet who f... up more and who doesn't care about their customers more

LG SL7Y soundbar. Same issue. Today is December 5th. No solution yet?

hi

i just sent a email to LG, i dont understand why is it so difficult for Spotify and LG to solve this issue.

A phone call must be easy to do.

I tryed YT music and it works just fine, dont make me change, but its to many time now to solve this and worth then that is that we dont have any answer from Spotify.

Same issue.  It worked in the past now spotify just states "connecting" but never does.  This is by far my best speaker and would like to play music on it.

Using latest spotify app for android on onePlus 6.  

Sound bar is LG SK10Y

Don’t know if this have been posted, but I found that if you make speakergroups in google home then it somehow works. For example my kitchen speaker and the lg 7 soundbar in a group and choose that output in Spotify it works. 

this is **bleep**ed... its been so long now.. definitly not going to take premium anymore. Also how is it possible that the speakergroup trick works and direct cast doesnt... 

So still no solution. I'm cancelling my premium plan, will try youtube music. So sad, spotify 😞

ok, i am also cancalling my premium plan, its sad that Spotify doesnt have an answer for this issue-

goodbye Spotify

Suggested posts