Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Blackberry - Difficulty syncing Local Files to mobile device (Blackberry Curve)

Solved!

Spotify on Blackberry - Difficulty syncing Local Files to mobile device (Blackberry Curve)

Hey guys!

I recently purchased spotify premium and aside from having problems such as random songs refusing to play, I've been unable to sync my local files to my Blackberry Curve.

The information I found on how to sync local files to mobile devices simply says to connect them to the same wi-fi network, however the wording implies they both have to be wireless. This is a bit of an issue for me as I have a desktop that doesn't have a wireless network card.

My desktop is instead connected directly into my router, I've tried connecting my blackberry via USB and whilst my computer recognizes my phone absolutely fine, my Desktop Spotify app doesn't even seem to attempt to search for my blackberry as a device or whatever.

Am I just missing something glaringly obvious? How exactly do I get my treasured local files to sync to my blackberry?!

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Local file sync is only an iOS/android feature, there is no way to move your local files into the Spotify application on BlackBerry. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Local file sync is only an iOS/android feature, there is no way to move your local files into the Spotify application on BlackBerry. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Well, that's incredibly dissapointing. Just...why?

Ah well, I guess premium is just a bit worthless for Blackberry, the App cant even manage to pause and play songs without skipping them, if I knew that it doesn't even support local files on a premium subscription when the free version on other devices can . I would have never bothered with Premium.

Thankyou for the speedy reply and honesty!

Suggested posts