Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Denon device not working anymoe

Solved!

Spotify on Denon device not working anymoe

Hello,

My spotify doesn't work anymore with my Denon AVR X2000 since yesterday although it used to work for years before.  What did it change by spotify?  What should I do?

Thank you for your help

Jack

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Denon recently released a new firmware update that replaces the old Spotify support with Spotify connect.

After the update you should be able to use your receiver from the Spotify app on your phone or PC.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I've got the same problem after a firmware update from Denon. 

Marked as solution

Denon recently released a new firmware update that replaces the old Spotify support with Spotify connect.

After the update you should be able to use your receiver from the Spotify app on your phone or PC.

Interesting. I updated my denon avr-x2200w a few weeks ago to the latest firware  and now spotofy crashes reguarly when connecting from Spotify on OSX and portable devices. Sometimes it will play for 2 or 3 hours and other times only 10 minutes. very frustrating. It only appears to be happening after the latest update. I have to power down / up the AMP at the wall to be seen on the network again.

@rbt

Thanks for your answer!

I already tested it and it works much faster than AirPlay and with every other connected device.

However, on the firmware page from Denon are the latest files from 2015 and in the changelog is nothing about the new features.

I have a Denon 4520. Same problem here. Listened to Spotify for years now with the internal AVR-App and my Premium Account without any problems. 

Can't connect anymore for about a week.

Firmware Version is the latest (3525-8853-5410). I dont know what happened. It played before all the time without problems and with the same firmware.

I pulled the power cable. Didnt change anything. 

I dont want to reset it to factory settings because I dont want to do Audyssey setup all over again.  

Here the main problem:

After I put in my Username and Password the AVR says that it will register with Spotify. Yes ok... go on. But after that it says that I need a premium account and cancels. So what the heck is going on here? Did work all the years...

After login on Spotify Website I cannot find anything in form of that my AVR is shown as registered with his MAC or something else...

Don't really know if this is a spotify or denon issue.

If Denon changed the internal App to the new Spotify Connect so why doesnt it work although I have the latest firmware installed already??

Please help.

Demon AVR 4520 - Same problem, suddenly won’t login!

username and password correct and then says “not premium” and boots me back out?

hello, it doesnt work with firmware update to avx2000. Spotify disappear from the menu in option "Network". anyone knows?

On you device (I.e Apple) play the music you want from Spotify and on the devices tap look for Denon *model* connect and press it.. hay presto Spotify Connect.
Enjoy, works way better than before!

Suggested posts