Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Galaxy watch offline not working

Spotify on Galaxy watch offline not working

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device: Samsung galaxy watch

Operating System

Tizen

My Question or Issue

Hi I have issues when I download any playlist to the watch to listen offline, right after the download is playing offline fine..but the next day is playing offline playlist not working. I even tried to connect the watch to wifi, charge and open the Spotify. I have to delete the playlist and download again and I can listen the offline playlist, but the next day is not working again and I have to delete and download again..very annoying..is there any update to tizen coming? The hasn't been update many months... Thank you

25 Replies

Exactly the same reason I bought mine. 😕

I do believe I might have found a workaround... What I do is:

- Turn of Bluetooth on my phone, so that is not interfering with the watch (just in case).

- Turn on Wifi on my watch to get a data connection (I normally keep this disabled to save power).

- Turn the offline mode OFF in the Spotify app (to go online).

- Start playing a playlist or album in the Spotify app (this adds the playlist or album to the Recently played list in the app).

- Go to the Recently played list in the Spotify app.

- Go into the playlist or album in the Recently played list.

- Tap on the Download button/switch.

This succesfully downloads the playlist or album on my watch and after downloading I am able to turn off Wifi again, turn Offline mode ON in the Spotify app and still play my downloaded albums and playlists.

Hope this helps while we all wait for Spotify to some day fix their buggy app.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try that and really hope it'll do wonders.

Adding that I have the same issue and that the workaround I have to use is the same one suggested by Rolighed

Also the change to having the pictures in the playlist menu is horrible and makes it extremely hard to find the playlist you want.  The simple list in text was a far far better solution.

So this has worked for me also the first time of trying. It's a shame as the first time I used the app it all worked fine. then the second time I go for a run with it it completley stopped working!

Hopefully this will work going forwards! Thanks for sharing

One question I have is, have you had to do this every time you want to go for a run, (it's fine if it is, just a shame really as it's a bit time consuming!) or will the app know the playlist is downloaded on there going forward?

I just bought a galaxy watch as a stand alone running device. First day the navigation in the Tizen app is horrible but at least it worked. Second day I went running I try to start offline saved music but nothing just error messages. Immediately after the run I packed the watch and sent it back. I hope Google will soon start releasing a Wear OS app for Youtube Music with offline option, because what spotify developed for Tizen is a huge joke of an app.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

It sounds like you might be experiencing this issue. We'd suggest you give it a go and try the steps mentioned under Status Update. You can also add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts