Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on LG Blueray player BP430

Spotify on LG Blueray player BP430

Hi,

I have been trying to use spotify on LG blueray player BP430. With the previous SW version on LG it was working pretty ok, but with the latest version the app crashes after the first song has been playing for about 1 minute or so. The error message displayed on screen is:

error id: sp_plugin_error_general

The SW version on my blueray player is: Main ver: BD3.412.40122.c, serve ver: H14MN0920

Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

Thanks!

9 Replies

Hey, have you contacted LG support to see what they say? They may be aware of the problem and are more likely to be able to help.

Thanks for the proposal. Will try to reach them too... Those big manufacturers just tend to be so darn slow...

Just for info:

I have exactly the same problem on my bp-430

Since the last update I experience this issue, will contact lg support.

anton

This community did't allow me to use my screenname anymore... So using anotherone.

I did reach them and their reply is below.

Seems like they pretty much don't care even though they own SW update breaks the app.

----8<-------------8<----------------

Thank you for your email, 

The error message you have provided would be coming from the application itself. With Spotify being a third party application we can only advise to discuss this error with them.

Best regards,
LG Electronics UK Help desk
----------------------------------
LG Customer Services
UK: 0844 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954
Mon-Fri 9am to 7.30pm Sat 9am-6pm Sun 10am-4pm

Well nice to know I am not the only one having this same problem with mine LG blueray LG HX773W . It's also keep crashing after the first few songs. Since other apps are working just fine, i conclude this error has mainly to do with the badly designed spotify app.

LG HX773W

main version: bd3.414.40127.c

servo ver: h14ims0920

Hi everybody.

just for info:

I have contacted LG support and give them the wanted info.

LG support has answered now that problem in known at LG support and the solution will be rolled out with update over internet.

anton

The same issue is discussed in this thread

So it doesn't seem to be just BP430 thats affected by this, rather the entire LG Spotify App...

Just to update You all: There is a update available through LG Support (in Sweden) that fixes this issue.

You need to download to USB and manually update.

I've done so and can confirm it solves the problem! 🙂

New version is BD3.412.40305.C

Happy flashing! 🙂

Just to update You all: There is a update available through LG Support (in Sweden) that fixes this issue.

You need to download to USB and manually update.

I've done so and can confirm it solves the problem! 🙂

New version is BD3.412.40305.C

Happy flashing! 🙂

Suggested posts