Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on LG Smart TV - Bad sound quality due to high in app volume?

Solved!

Spotify on LG Smart TV - Bad sound quality due to high in app volume?

Description of the problem:

I experience bad sound quality with distortion, no matter the volume.

The volume inside the spotify app is about twice as high as any other app (ex. Netflix, youtube) or source like TV or HDMI.

The sound output is through reciever.

Ive tried the example in a similar post about too low volume (switch back to TV-speakers and adjust volume, and the again bypass) but to no good.

TV: LG 55UB820V (2014)

Reciever: DENON on optical output (about 10 years old)

Any solution to this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeaheyyy!!

The software upgrade did it. Upgraded from 04.10.31 to 04.10.35.

Spotify finally sounds like it should.

Took some time to figure out where to go:

Settings on remote - Support - Initialization of App - Click OK

There you will see the upgrade. 

Tried to upload the file here, but didn't work. My upload speed is soooo bad, I'm sorry.

You possibly have to fix the Expert 1/2 picture mode afterwards if you use that, but I'm not sure.

Maybe @killtux can upload it to somewhere.

Satisfaction!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

yeah it also worked for me and the HDMI (ARC) output in Spotify and Deezer on my 40" TV.

The software is for all LG820V screens!

Just download the file, unzip it with the folder, copy the "LG_DTV" folder to the root of your USB Stick (NTFS, FAT32) and put it into your LG TV.

The following screen should pop up in your language:

IMG_5832.JPG

Start the update and let the tv reboot and you're done.

Here's the Firmware Version 04.10.35:

https://mega.co.nz/#!iNFzWL6B!PpH3ajqZerCH_lNqPeLx8qHg2MCJL0fjrLe-vfJR-Lw

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Got the exact same problem on the same TV with optical out. 

I have not had the time to look into it yet, but I'll post here if any solution.

Or did u figure it out yet?

Hi guys,

I'm facing the same issue on my LG 55UB820V connected to LG NB3530A via optical out. It works great when using my Amazon Fire TV connected via HDMI to the TV with the same optical connection to the sound bar.

Looks like a software or data compression bug.

Cheers!

Hi.

I sent an e-mail to LG support here in Norway. They have the same problem and are aware of it. I have sent them my serial nr., software etc. and are waiting for a response. You're probably right about the software. I'll keep you posted.

Awesome, I'll probably do the same here in Germany. Probably it just needs a push at the support team 😉

Hey there.

Spotify is 320 kbps on TV.

If quality is lower, it is software problem.

Well, the quality is really bad. It really seems to be the hardcoded volume setting for the optical out. I also opened a ticket at the german support including a link to this forum site.

i have the same Problem with my LG TV and my Marantz Reciever connectet over HDMI (ARC!).

I got the same issue with the deezer app. when i play the same music from spotify (or deezer) over the youtube app the sound is fine.

Hopefully some good news!!!! 🙂

Just got an e-mail from the LG support center:

Hi Robert,

We have released an update that fixes the issue you are experiencing with spotify from the LG TV.

Please download the update by following this link: https://sprend.com/download.htm?C=2209fae402b84acaa025cfa9c6075320 

Then unzip it and put this update on a USB stick and then you just insert the USB stick in the TV to start the update.

I just downloaded the file and put it on a USB stick. Will try the update when i get home from work. 

Will update here as soon as it's done (in a couple of hours).

Cheers

is this file only for the 55 inch model or may it work with the 40 inch model too?

Too bad the file has already been removed from the site... I really hope the patch works!

I have another short update from the German LG support: They said that they forwarded the issue to Spotify but without any reference number. So I guess they actually didn't do anything... 😉

do you have the same problems with the deezer app? try and report it. i think the problem isnt only related to spotify. (you dont need a payed account for deezer to test the audio playback).

if the image for the download link should fix it - i have downloaded it to a usb drive at work since i read that the link will be deleted. so i can upload it, if it works.

Marked as solution

Yeaheyyy!!

The software upgrade did it. Upgraded from 04.10.31 to 04.10.35.

Spotify finally sounds like it should.

Took some time to figure out where to go:

Settings on remote - Support - Initialization of App - Click OK

There you will see the upgrade. 

Tried to upload the file here, but didn't work. My upload speed is soooo bad, I'm sorry.

You possibly have to fix the Expert 1/2 picture mode afterwards if you use that, but I'm not sure.

Maybe @killtux can upload it to somewhere.

Satisfaction!

Marked as solution

yeah it also worked for me and the HDMI (ARC) output in Spotify and Deezer on my 40" TV.

The software is for all LG820V screens!

Just download the file, unzip it with the folder, copy the "LG_DTV" folder to the root of your USB Stick (NTFS, FAT32) and put it into your LG TV.

The following screen should pop up in your language:

IMG_5832.JPG

Start the update and let the tv reboot and you're done.

Here's the Firmware Version 04.10.35:

https://mega.co.nz/#!iNFzWL6B!PpH3ajqZerCH_lNqPeLx8qHg2MCJL0fjrLe-vfJR-Lw

Doesn't work for me 😞 The sound is still really bad... 

Update: Well, it's still bad when using the LG OPT setting with my soundbar. The "normal" optical out seems to work.

did the software update work and do you have 04.10.35 on your tv system?

did you do: "Settings on remote - Support - Initialization of App - Click OK"?

i didnt need this step but it re-initalizes the smart tv apps, so maybe you have to do this for the changes to take effect.

yeah, I did - but the issue seems to be related to the special audio setting for external LG devices (like my sound bar). The "normal" setting for external speakers now works great. So I guess LG stopped fixing the issue half-way.

I recently bought a LG 55UB820V TV (this month August 2015) and the Spotify App sounds awful. I upgraded the firmware (the tv did this automatically) and it still sounds naff. Any ideas?

What version do you have? Have not had any problems after the ugrade
mentioned here.

Suggested posts