Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Roku song issues

Spotify on Roku song issues

Well I was very happy to see Spotify on Roku but have noticed an issue with some songs not playing correctly. Stopping in the middle of the song or getting choppy and I have confirmed it isn't my ISP or Router for that matter. This is clearly an issue with Spotify or the Roku but what is it and can this be fixed?

26 Replies

I think the problem is Spotify specific. I tried to listen through browser, skipped. I tried downloading program and it skipped. I used windows media to listen. It skipped. I got itunes and it skipped. I tried a couple other music players and they all skipped.

SPOTIFY>>>>> Are you going to fix this problem??? I am not going to upgrade my account until I know I can listen to music without it skipping. I am old enough to remember records... which did this after long use... You all using records???

PLEASE fix the issue. Give us some idea what to do to make this a pleasant experience.

I think the problem is Spotify specific. I tried to listen through browser, skipped. I tried downloading program and it skipped. I used windows media to listen. It skipped. I got itunes and it skipped. I tried a couple other music players and they all skipped.

Slight confused, are you saying all media players skip for you? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

==>Slight confused, are you saying all media players skip for you?<==

No, not now. I think I figured out what is going on, though not 100% sure. It seems that if I use a player that is stand alone, meaning its only function is to playback, the music does not skip. If I use a player that has the capacity to record, then it has an auto skip at fairly regular intervals.

In a way this kind of makes sense. Again, I am not sure, but it would appear that Spotify has put in a safeguard to keep members from recording their media, which would make good business sense.

I will work on this some more as now I am curious as to how it all works.

FYI, I am not looking for way to record any media. Just was wondering why music would skip when listening. The skip is very annoying.

So for now, for those having the issue, try using a player that does not have the capacity to record and see if it fixes your skip problem. 😃

I can no longer use Spotify on my Roku 3 player. The music simply stops mid-song, and although I've read that many other users are having the same issue, I have not been able to locate a resolution. Unless the problem gets resolved, why would I renew my Spotify Premium service?

The last complaint about Spotify stopping midsong was in March, so I don't know if that means the problem was solved somehow or not. I have the problem when playing through Roku. The message is that my account is being used somewhere else. But I know it can't be. So what's the deal? Is there a solution??

@asackett1978 - That generally means your account is being used actively in another app, or someone else is using it.

Should be a quick fix, change your password then force a log out using the sign out button on your online account:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Once that is done, log in again and it should be fixed!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I can't shuffle my songs on my Roku TV anymore, EverytIme I try to press shuffle, shuffle won't turn on, as if I haven't pressed it. 

Suggested posts