Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Samsung Gear S2 - can't download music for offline use

Solved!

Spotify on Samsung Gear S2 - can't download music for offline use

Hi,

I just bought a Samsung Gear S2 through which i should now supposedly be able to listen to Spotify offline without carrying my smartphone with me (i.e. download directly on the watch): https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_other_devices/samsung-fit-gear-2/

This doesn't seem to work however. When I open the app on the watch and click on My library > Playlists > [insert playlist name], the music starts playing on my phone immediately, without offering me the option to download, as seen approx. 23 seconds into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_1ojFYmJG8

I know this video shows a Samsung Gear S3, but according to Spotify the download option should also be avilable on Gear S2. So why isn't it? And yes, I have a Premium Spotify membership... Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Offline mode has just landed on my S2 🙂 Download option has now appeared on playlists.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Same here (using Spotify in Hungary). I read somewhere that the SW version for this is released in phases starting from Scandinavian countries...

Hi Snorrepus! I have a Gear S2. You can stream Spotify on the watch via wifi (without using the phone): settings/ mode/ stream over wifi. At the moment you can't 'offline' tracks, but as Akocsis says, it seems they are trialling a beta version of this feature in certain countries - fingers crossed that it will be released worldwide! (and that it will be on the S2, not just the S3...)

Marked as solution

Hey! Offline mode has just landed on my S2 🙂 Download option has now appeared on playlists.

Hey there,

I just got my s2 but i cannot find the download option in spotify.

Although my watch shows that some playlists are downloaded, i think that info is coming from my phone. Because when my phone is not around i cannot listen to any playlist on spotify. 😞

Any suggestions?

Hi, first make sure you are on 'stream on wifi' mode - go to settings and tap 'playback', then select 'stream on wifi' if not already highlighted. Each playlist should then have a download switch near the top. Let me know if you need more help!

I'm having the same issue. In fact, in the watch app only appears the options " search" and "settings" in Wifi mode. Can anyone help me with that? 

Hmm... not sure what's happening there; are you logged into your Spotify account on the phone? Are your playlists showing on the phone version?

This function does seem available in the UK. When will it be available?

I am confused. Is the offline mode available? Or is still rolling out to select countries?

I connected to wifi on my gear s2, downloaded a playlist, and then went offline. So now on my gear s2, it says I have a playlist downloaded but when I tap to play it a message reads, "Unable to play. Please check your connection". This seems contradictory to me. Maybe this is a different problem.

I don't know what I did, but it works now.

same here. have u solved the problem?

Suggested posts