Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung 55MU6290

Operating System

Smart TV

My Question or Issue

Every song that I play on my tv on the Spotify app skips for a second maybe every 20 seconds. This is also the case when I play the songs using the Spotify app on my iPhone and extend it to the tv. I have no issues with Spotify on my iPhone. 

65 Replies

Hey @agriepentrog, help's arrived.

There may be something with the network. Make sure to restart the router, and if possible, switch network connections to see if anything changes. 

Further, double-check that the firmware on your TV is up-to-date (contact the manufacturer to know how), and reinstall your Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

I’m having the same issue. The issue is definitely the Spotify app build for Samsung TVs as it does not happen on my other TVs when I install the Spotify app. Spotify needs to fix this. I’m a network engineer and can say that it’s nothing to do with your network. Hope this helps.

I also have this problem on my 2018 Samsung series 8 Qled tv. I also have a 2017 series 5 Samsung tv with no problems with Spotify, so I don't think it is a problem with the network.

Same problem as OP described.

Just the model is different. Mine is a UE55 NU8040.

Resetting the TV, updating the firmware (automatic & manual via USB) and reinstalling the app did not help. 

Definitely no network issue - tried different WiFi connection s2.4 or 5GHz also wired. Two different routers as well as mobile tethering. Also resettet and restarted all of them.

For now my only plausible theory is, that the TV App has an issue and needs to be reworked or tweaked a bit.

The "one second skipping" or hiccup is only occuring on the TV. No problem with 3 different android devices or my PS4 using the same network. As for the frequency - sometimes it's almost every 20 seconds other times only 2 to 3 hiccups a song. As there is no real pattern it really is irritating. 

I have the same issue with my NU8000.

Very frustrating, tried everything, but nothing helped. Is there any buffer mechanism in the client?

+1 to all those network attempts.
I got a Samsung UN55NU8000 and I do face the same issue. It does feel like it's the app more than anything else.

Same problem with my Samsung Q8 2019. It happens about once or twice in every track. Very irritating.
Definitely not a network issue. All other streaming apps streams flawlessly, Netflix, HBO and Tidal too.
All the latest firmware and software. Tried reinstall a few times to no avail.

Having a similar issue on my Q7 2018. Some random hiccups. Sometimes it happens often, multiple times per song. Sometimes I play 10 songs without any issues. It's a very annoying bug when it happens.

Same here. Hu8500. Worked for years the stopped working around a month ago. Unusable.

It's not my network. It is connected via ethernet. It as the latest app ver. I have Virgin 100mb. TV is on the latest firmware.

Tried it on my Mates Samsung JE model, it does th same thing. He's on Virgin too.

Spotify, there is obviously an issue here with Sammy tells, please fix this is driving me Bonkers!

I am also experiencing this issue all the time. It is very annoying and frustrating. 

My TV is: Samsung 55" Q8F 4K QLED Smart TV QE55Q8FNAT

Please Spotify, address this issue and fix it. It is definitely not a network problem. All my other apps never have this issue. 

Only Spotify App behaves like this.

Please fix this ASAP! Being a premium user, I really expect you to fix this. I have been waiting for almost a year for the fix.

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

The relevant team is still looking into this issue and as soon as we have some news from them we'll immediately let you know. 

In the meantime, make sure you keep your TV firmware updated to the latest version. 

Thanks and enjoy your day!

Same issue: latest firmware and App on Samsung Smart TV GQ55Q8FNG in Germany. Interruptions only on TV. All other network players without any problems. Please fix! Thank you.

After noticing that Spotify updated their App with the new UI on Samsung TV's, I thought that there would not be skipping/studdering issues anymore.

But NO, it is still skipping.

Still waiting for that fix!

The new UI is also questionable. I have noticed some UX issues.

IMG_20200415_193249.jpg
IMG_20200415_193207.png

To no surprise, I have the same problem on my Samsung QE75Q8DN. This problem has been with me with every update of Tizen and the Spotify app since I purchased the TV in January 2019. I hope there will be a solution soon. 

/Cimarron

Hi Spotify team,

I'm having the same issue on my brand new Sony x8500g, which is Android TV. It's extremely frustrating to listen to. Works fine on every other device on the network.

I'm not sure if it's an identical issue considering the different TV OS, but the result is the same. Pausing/studdering. It might play 1 or 2 songs without issue and then get really bad. It's super inconsistent.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have had the same issue for about a year and half on my Samsung QE65Q6FNAT. It is very frustrating because it ruins the listening experience. The last months i have switched to Youtube for music. This must be fixed asap!

I hope you are really working on this. Amazon Music is a much better experience right now, but I’d rather listen to Spotify.

Same issue for me to on my Samsung Q6FN TV. Everything else works fine but Spotify skips and stutters every few minutes. Tried all solutions including firmware updates, reinstalling app, connecting via optical vs Bluetooth but still the same. Is it Samsung issue or. Spotify app issue? Very annoying... 

Spotify does NOT support Samsung Smart TVs and Tizen OS.

It took six months for them to admit it, but Samsung confirmed this.

NOTHING will fix the streaming issues. Use another app like Amazon. You can't even get Spotify to cast to your Samsung. 

Probably the most popular TV manufacturer in the world and Spotify doesn't support them with their app.

Get with it, Spotify.  Six months of chats, excuses and terrible support. 

Suggested posts