Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung 55MU6290

Operating System

Smart TV

My Question or Issue

Every song that I play on my tv on the Spotify app skips for a second maybe every 20 seconds. This is also the case when I play the songs using the Spotify app on my iPhone and extend it to the tv. I have no issues with Spotify on my iPhone. 

6 Replies

Re: Spotify on Samsung TV App Skipping/Studdering

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @agriepentrog, help's arrived.

There may be something with the network. Make sure to restart the router, and if possible, switch network connections to see if anything changes. 

Further, double-check that the firmware on your TV is up-to-date (contact the manufacturer to know how), and reinstall your Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes :)

joesup3rtramp
Visitor

I’m having the same issue. The issue is definitely the Spotify app build for Samsung TVs as it does not happen on my other TVs when I install the Spotify app. Spotify needs to fix this. I’m a network engineer and can say that it’s nothing to do with your network. Hope this helps.

Bolter
Visitor

I also have this problem on my 2018 Samsung series 8 Qled tv. I also have a 2017 series 5 Samsung tv with no problems with Spotify, so I don't think it is a problem with the network.

aser-at
Casual Listener

Same problem as OP described.

Just the model is different. Mine is a UE55 NU8040.

Resetting the TV, updating the firmware (automatic & manual via USB) and reinstalling the app did not help. 

Definitely no network issue - tried different WiFi connection s2.4 or 5GHz also wired. Two different routers as well as mobile tethering. Also resettet and restarted all of them.

For now my only plausible theory is, that the TV App has an issue and needs to be reworked or tweaked a bit.

The "one second skipping" or hiccup is only occuring on the TV. No problem with 3 different android devices or my PS4 using the same network. As for the frequency - sometimes it's almost every 20 seconds other times only 2 to 3 hiccups a song. As there is no real pattern it really is irritating. 

Rolika79
Visitor

I have the same issue with my NU8000.

Very frustrating, tried everything, but nothing helped. Is there any buffer mechanism in the client?

Highlighted

cbaldan
+1 to all those network attempts.
I got a Samsung UN55NU8000 and I do face the same issue. It does feel like it's the app more than anything else.
SUGGESTED POSTS