Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung 55MU6290

Operating System

Smart TV

My Question or Issue

Every song that I play on my tv on the Spotify app skips for a second maybe every 20 seconds. This is also the case when I play the songs using the Spotify app on my iPhone and extend it to the tv. I have no issues with Spotify on my iPhone. 

65 Replies

Do you have any proof for your claims?

I've seen you posting on the Spotify board as well as on the Samsung board - however, none proof was given. No chat history, no screenshoots - nothing.

I absolutely can understand your frustration. Nevertheless, without any proof provided by you - this reply is unnecessary and not helpful.

Here is why:

I've no problem to connect any android as well as iOS phones with my TV, and control them using the Spotify app (this also includes beta versions for android). In other words - casting is possible.

In my humble opinion - as long as a Company provides an official app on an app store / market - it usually supports that platform. Spotify provides an official application on Samsung Smart TV app store/ market - thus, in my eyes, Spotify supports Samsung TVs.

However, this does not automatically mean, the application is or will be running well on that given device.

-

Last but not least - please provide proof for your claims or at least state your exact Problem with e.g., the model of your tv.

-

Update for my case:

My TV (UE55 NU8040) still has the skipping / studdering problem. Newest available TV Firmware was used, Spotify app was reinstalled ... heck, I even tried a different ISP just to check whether the problem still persists. It's still there.

TL:DR - Problem is still there

Hi There,

Any news on this issue yet?

I am experiencing the same - Casting from my phone to the Samsung TV Spotify App or opening the Spotify app on the TV directly causes very bad stuttering playing out of the fibre output.

No Issues using fibre optic link from TV with any other streaming apps.

60KS8000

Updated firmware, network reset and working well...

Please help, I specifically opened a premium account to use it in this way.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Don't worry. Help is here.

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

We'd suggest to check these steps and run a clean reinstall. That way the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not causing any issues.

You can also head here and give the steps a go.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Ver

I hope you feel bad about your answer. For one, the first link you provided does not contain a method to do a clean reinstall for Samsung TVs. And ... The things mentioned in the second second link don't work as well. You would have known if you had taken your time to read through some of the posts. 

A couple of weeks ago, it was mentioned that the Devs will be looking into the issue. 

Any news on that?

Hey @aser-at,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've taken some time to check with our developers but were unable to reproduce this playback issue on our end, even after carefully reviewing all the info shared with us here.

If you still experience this issue after giving these steps a go, we'd suggest to try logging in with another account. Does the issue persist?

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us. 

Ver Moderator

Hi there Ver,

I have gone through your suggestions without success. I did these before posting this message. Please see below. 

Note for the clean install, my Samsung TV will not let me uninstall bloatware that came with it, of which Spotify is one. But was able to perform a re-install. 
All software versions are up to date. 

Any other suggestions?

If the Spotify TV app isn’t working for you:

• Make sure your TV is connected to the internet. - yes
  • Check your internet connection is strong. Try playing something else to test it. - yes
  • Check your TV app store for any updates to the Spotify app. - no updates available but did a re-install in case
  • Check your TV's software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with the manufacturer for how to check and update the version software. - up to date
  • Check your TV is supported by Spotify. You can check this at Spotify Everywhere or with the device’s manufacturer. - well it shipped with Spotify app pre-installed

Also tried with another account and it still continues with the stuttering audio issue. (But only with Spotify app)

The issue seems to be with audio over digital out from the Samsung TVs, at least with the ones I tested.

I just purchased a brand new Samsung Q95T TV, all audio over digital out (optical) to an external amp and speakers works perfect with no stutter apart from the Spotify app which I recently installed. From the first time it was installed it stutters very frequently. All other apps are fine apart from Spotify as many other users have reported, do not dismiss this, you do have an actual issue here.

Please do some proper testing via digital audio out from any recent Samsung TV and look into the issue rather than lazily suggesting paying customers uninstall and reinstall, update etc when you haven't even managed to do any proper testing your end.

Spotify has an issue with audio with Samsung TVs. Do not reply with yet another lazy response without doing at least some form of testing to replicate the issue, which again should not take years to identify.

I also had this problem and I figured out it was my HDMI arc cable to my Samsung sound bar. For some reason EVERY other app and the tv function would work with except I would still get the skipping when using the Spotify app on my tv. As soon as I changed the hdmi cable, no more skips. 

My solution to avoid theese short interruptions is to use my android mobile phone playing spotify music and to connect it via bluetooth to the Samsung TV. That way no music covers are shown, which I even find better... But most important is that the music plays smoothly!
...that does not solve the problem.

I’ll be dipped! Changed my HDMI cable and no more stuttering. Thanks for posting.

I have just bought a Samsung 55" q80a TV and have the same stuttering problem. I am using an optical connection to a hifi amp. All other apps works fine. I have the latest firmware and have reinstalled Spotify. My network is excellent and Spotify is working fine on other devices. When are you going to fix this fault? 

Have just tested .. the stuttering also happens when using the tv speaker.

have re-installed the app and done all your suggested troubleshooting.

it´s still choppy sound and video. its impossible to watch a podcast.

what are you doing to fix this spotify?

I have had to reset my TV a few times due to other issues, and I can't recall when, but the Spotify stuttering issue went away.

My TV got at least 3 firmware updates in the meantime, and apparently it improved the TV performance.

I know it's not the best advice, but try updating it to the latest firmware and doing a full reset.

reset my TV several times (fabrication settings) and reset the APP functions again.
same issue with stuttering (sound and video). it starts about 3 minutes into a podcast.
TV have the newest software. no connection issues. no other problems with other APPS.

JUST SPOTIFY.

WOW.  This thread is 3 years old and there are only 4 responses from mod/legends, all of which basically said to do the same thing everyone said they had already tried.  Problem is over 3 years old with no help at all.  Absolutely pathetic!! 

Has this issue been resolved yet? Experiencing the same problem on my Samsung TV. It's only a few weeks old. I tried all the troubleshooting methods they tried. 

Hey @UnpluggedZAR,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We understand where you're coming from. As you mentioned that you've tried all the troubleshooting, would you mind checking with a different WiFi network or mobile data hotspot to see if it makes any difference?

If not, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far in detail to check if something is missing? This is to avoid repeating steps you’ve already done. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

After all the responses and the trail up above of everyone testing and you are really asking whether their Wi-Fi connection is working?

really spotify? the issue is with YOUR app. the answers you are providing on this over 3 year old problem is really pathetic.

Suggested posts