Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Sony Bravia HELP

Solved!

Spotify on Sony Bravia HELP

Just Bought a new TV with Smart TV. Bought a Sony Bravia with that function. Main reason was to stream my spotify music to my tv. Now i see that Sony smart tv doesn't support Spotify. Now i'm very disappointed in my choise for sony.  How can i stream my music wireless to my tv?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Jamcast is working PERFECTLY for me... so worth $14.99 for a lifetime sub with updates and all.

Thanks so much! =D

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Here's one option: if you have an Android phone, you can buy a Chromecast device and stream it with the 'Spoticast' app.

http://lifehacker.com/spoticast-streams-your-spotify-music-to-your-chromecast-1572995738

I am using Jamcast on a Sony Bravia and also Panasonic Viera working great... streaming Spotify all over the house. 🙂

I also have a sony tv with bravia and was disappointed to discover there was no spotify app. However, I realised I have a sony sound bar which has bluetooth! So I can stream from spotify on my S4 and Nexus 7, etc, and get great audio. As a bonus I don't need to turn the tv on!

You can use Apple TV

If ur using a z2 or 3 mobile u can mirror ur mobile to the tv then this will play anything u play on ur mobile including Spotify... I to bought a top of the range smart tv and have found u carnt get a straight link or apply an app to the tv 😬 I hear that u can now apply an app to xbox..?

Mirroring is lagga as h*l. Other words, not working!

Marked as solution

Jamcast is working PERFECTLY for me... so worth $14.99 for a lifetime sub with updates and all.

Thanks so much! =D

Thank you!   The Sony soundbar blue tooth conniction is the answer if you have a Sony soundbar. I never would have thought of that.  Works perfectly.  No more Pandora on the TV!

Hi, I have tried to download jamcast on my Mac but it says that it is not compatible. If I am using a mac am I not able to use jamcast? Or have I just tried to download the wrong app? Would appreciate your advice. THank you!

Unfortunately, I don't believe Jamcast works on Mac.

You could try Googling "Jamcast for Mac" or "alternatives to Jamcast for Mac" and see what comes up.

I don't use a Mac, so I don't know of any off hand.

Good luck!

Thank you! Can't seem to find a jamcast download for mac. 

Elegant solution (for Android tv's only):

- download Spotify apk file, and install on Bravia TV

- app is now not visible and useless 🙂

- install Kodi on Bravia TV via Google Play

- Access Spotify via Kodi (Kodi takes some fiddling, lots of info on kodi.tv and other forae)

works like a dream, without buying paid apps, chromecasts, etc.

Miracast (screen mirroring) on my new Bravia Android TV works perfectly from both my Lenovo Android tablet AND my Windows 8 Phone. I guess how well it works all depends on the the TV model.

No puedo usar spoty en mi gracia sony

I can't seem to find jamcast in the available apps on my Bravia

Sorry, but it's far from elegant, it's a pain in the **bleep** and believe me I tried kodi/spotify, my TV just wouldn't have it.
I currently have the Spotify app sitting within the app menu, but no option to install the app; which leads to the question if why have the app on the menu if it can't be installed? Jesus effing Christ someone from Sony pull their finger out of their **bleep** and do something about it.
Oh btw I currently have Emma for spotify, but even this great little workaround is no longer after 28/1/18.
Pissed off Spotify premium user.

I have downloaded the Spotify app to my new Sony TV and logged in and everything is fine, but no sound.

is there a solution baring in mind I have the Spotify app up and running

cheers

Hi, I have a Bowers and wilkins Panorama2 soundbar and a Sony Bravia Smart Tv, how ,and  what is the the best way to connect,so that I can receive Spotify??

Your help is greatly appriciated.

I am unsubcribing i actually enjoyed using this app and how it worked with my bravia you had to **bleep** around and change it not happy at all. You fine something working great and have to make it not work go **bleep** yourselves and your subcription 

Suggested posts