Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Tesla

Spotify on Tesla

Tesla Model 3

My Question or Issue

Is off line mode supported in Spotify for the Tesla Model 3 (I am based in Ireland).

Where I live and often drive has poor mobile data connectivity, hence being able to download songs/albums is an important feature. I do this today on a different car which supports Apple CarPlay. Tesla does not support CarPlay, so I am hoping the Spotify app on the Tesla head unit has this feature.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @Mc1000.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

According to the Tesla Model 3 Owner's Manual (p.112), you can use Spotify with the Connect feature, which relies on the devices you're streaming from/to to both be on the same WiFi network (see here).

As a result, if you switch Spotify to offline mode, you won't be able to play Spotify in your Tesla car. Similarly, if you don't have a reliable or stable network connection, it's likely that you won't be able to play your music, even if it's been downloaded for offline listening.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any futher questions.

Hi

The manual referenced is a North America Manual and NA cars do not come with Spotify.
Even when I check the European manual, there is little additional information.

The question is, does Spotify on European Tesla’s and specifically the model 3 support off line mode. That is the ability to download tracks to the car or a USB in the car for playback off line.

Thanks.

We could also do with this in the UK. Download play lists to the USB external hard drive for when driving through poor signal areas. Like many UK country drives.

Suggested posts