Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on my Philips Ambilight TV 5008

Solved!

Spotify on my Philips Ambilight TV 5008

Hi,

Do you know why I don't have Spotify on my Philips Ambilight TV 5008? and why does spotify HTML5 requires FLASH? i can't even use it on my smart tv browser...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there my friend Spootifay!

I have same tv. It's Philips PFL5008T with Ambilight. We're still on same language?

Yeah, I hope so... Really I can tell you everything about this. I have right answer for you.

Here's answer from Philips.

"Spotify is available on our higher end TVs only due to hardware restriction on our mid and lower range TVs. The alternative music app for your TV would be Deezer which works in much the same way and offers a wide selection of music tracks and features as well."

And oh, it is not possible to run Web Spotify on TV as there's no Flash support in browser.

I use TV only for Netflix and YouTube mainly and for music I use Spotify speaker. I think web browser of TV is slow to use, it is really much easier to surf on laptop, phone or iPad. Deezer app I have tried, but I think Spotify is a lot beter app.

So it might be true, only 6008+ models are supported and these needs firmware update. For old models no update for Spotify.

Have a nice time!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there my friend Spootifay!

I have same tv. It's Philips PFL5008T with Ambilight. We're still on same language?

Yeah, I hope so... Really I can tell you everything about this. I have right answer for you.

Here's answer from Philips.

"Spotify is available on our higher end TVs only due to hardware restriction on our mid and lower range TVs. The alternative music app for your TV would be Deezer which works in much the same way and offers a wide selection of music tracks and features as well."

And oh, it is not possible to run Web Spotify on TV as there's no Flash support in browser.

I use TV only for Netflix and YouTube mainly and for music I use Spotify speaker. I think web browser of TV is slow to use, it is really much easier to surf on laptop, phone or iPad. Deezer app I have tried, but I think Spotify is a lot beter app.

So it might be true, only 6008+ models are supported and these needs firmware update. For old models no update for Spotify.

Have a nice time!

Oh, how bad! The TV seemed so modern :S.  Thank you very much for your fast response! Really appreciated!

I feel the same.

I paid 899 euro for this model, very modern, Netflix rocks still! Almos daily... Never opened local TV channels...

I tried Deezer on TV, app was ok, but music content is a little better on Spotify. Incöl. Metallica and Rammstein... and some "hard to find" techno even... these not on Deezer.

By the way, I'm not looking fopr 4K TV as I can't see right now how this helps me. Just some content on Netflix 4K and even if my Internet is enough for it 100 Mbps and 25 Mbps needed, I have just no need right now to pay more to Netflix and to change working modern TV to another... Once again currently Netflix 4K is not available on Philips 4K TV. And for me Ambilight is must have!!!

Happy new year!

Suggested posts