Spotify on the Galaxy Watch will only play certain podcasts

Spotify on the Galaxy Watch will only play certain podcasts

Spotify Premium

Norway

Galaxy Watch 46 mm LTE

Spotify on Galaxy Watch / Tizen version 2.4.12

Spotify app on Galaxy Watch is in "Standalone" mode

Spotify on Android on the phone

When I create a playlist in the Spotify app on my Android device, add two separate podcast episodes from two different podcasts to it, and attempt to play those podcasts on my Galaxy Watch, only one of them will start playing. 

Steps to reproduce

Additional information

- I have also seen that podcasts, specifically "Kermode and Mayo's Film Review", from UK state broadcaster BBC does not work on the Galaxy Watch. Another podcast app on Galaxy Watch, Poddy, has no issue with BBC podcasts.

- If I attempt to download this playlist, Spotify on the watch says "Prefetch item not available".

- Whether or not I am connected to LTE or Wifi seems to make no difference

4 Replies

Having that issue of "prefetch item not available" whenever i try to download a podcast on my galaxy watch. Works for music, but never for podcasts 😞

Hey @arewold and @Les_Portes,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.  Could you let us know if the issue persists after performing a clean reinstall of both the Spotify and Samsung wearable apps? You can find a guide on how to do this for Spotify here. Afterwards you can connect the two again using this guide.

This will allow the connection between the devices and our servers to get built anew from the ground up. This tends to resolve connectivity issues like the ones your experiencing.

Hope this helps. keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well this worked for me, I can now download.

I will have to open a new issue though as I can't playback anything anymore (getting this error all the time : "Can't play tracks during call", even though the watch is not even connected to the phone)

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify and Galaxy Wearable apps did not resolve the issue for me. If I attempt to download a playlist on my Galaxy Active 2 that contains podcasts that I've added to it, I always receive a "Prefetch item unavailable" error.  How do I contact Spotify IT support for this?

Suggested posts