Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify (on various platforms) drops songs halfway through

Spotify (on various platforms) drops songs halfway through

Plan: Premium (family)

Device: Amazon alexa, sonos (controlled by mac or iphone apps, or by alexa)

My Question or Issue:

Hi all -- I've been having issues with spotify cutting off playback in the middle of a song (sometimes it'll move on to the next song, or sometimes just stop altogether). It's happening no matter how I use spotify on my home network (some wifi on Alexa, some hardwired sonos components), and it happens in multiple places around the house. I'm assuming it has something to do with my network dropping the connection to spotify after a period of time, but I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Doesn't happen with other streaming music services like Pandora or Amazon Music, and doesn't happen with spotify in the car (on a cellular connection) or at work. Anyone have any tips for how to troubleshoot this? Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Hey @jcvessey.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

First, does this happen just with your account, or does it also happen with other accounts on the Family plan?

Even if this isn't happening with other music-streaming apps, we suggest that you try resetting your home network according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer. 

Let us know how it goes - we'll be here to help in case you need us 😉

Suggested posts