Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify player in Facebook

Solved!

Spotify player in Facebook

Dear Spotify community,

My company has an Spotify channel and i would like to push our releases through to Facebook like this:image.png

Unfortunately i do not know how to do that. PANG did gave me a very quick reply back but they didn't knew either.

A few preferences if it won't disturb the solution:
- To do this with just the open Spotify player (So i won't have to install something at my pc or where ever i might be)

- To do this with no third party tools or converters of some sort. I am not against it, but would love to keep the line as short as possible.

- To do this so it will also work at Twitter / Google+

Thank you for your time to help me!

Robert Velhorst

CEO of Firespace Recordings

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @FirespaceRecord

In the Spotify desktop app, right click a song and click on "copy track link".

Then go to Facebook and paste that link into the status box. It will then show the player. You can leave the link you pasted in the text field, or you can delete it and it will just show the player. Then when you hit post, people will see the player on Facebook.

This only works on Facebook because they implemented it into their website. The player will not show up on Twitter and Google Plus.

Twitter will show a preview of the artist and song title if you post the link on Twitter.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @FirespaceRecord

In the Spotify desktop app, right click a song and click on "copy track link".

Then go to Facebook and paste that link into the status box. It will then show the player. You can leave the link you pasted in the text field, or you can delete it and it will just show the player. Then when you hit post, people will see the player on Facebook.

This only works on Facebook because they implemented it into their website. The player will not show up on Twitter and Google Plus.

Twitter will show a preview of the artist and song title if you post the link on Twitter.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you a lot MattSuda!

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi I am trying to post a track link on facebook and the player is not appearing?  It was ok when I did this last week? This is the link:

https://open.spotify.com/track/6HnKlkF45STkeqZRHY7LYe

I just get an itunes style post rather than the player, please help! 🙂

OK sorted it, you need to use the "embed" url, and it works perfectly. 🙂

Thanks for the post, can you get the player to "auto play"?  😉

Hi MattSuda,

is this also working für mobile devices?

Thanks in advance!
Sebastian

I tryed, but facebook show only my album cover....

Please help.

dddd.JPG

Hey! We are a bunch of me and my friends are having the same exact problem.  Whether we right click and copy the playlist URL, copy playlist link, OR copy embed code... the player won't show up in the facebook post or comments.  Please advise!  Thank you!

same problem here, works sometimes, not working today with my new release. any help??? spotify:track:0md3uPt7cij8A7UBl1bV5L

This does not work for me all the times, today I am trying to post our new EP and I am only getting the image and external link for spotify and no player? Last week our other EP the player was coming up on FB. Is this a Spotify problem?

I'm having the exact same issue. What gives?

Same problem here with several artists. Usually it changes about a week after release, so the first week the player isn't there (it's just the cover picture) and then, after about a week, the player starts showing. But, obviously, that's not how it should be - you wanna be able to share it from day one, and it's a big loss for Spotify IMO cos artists can't share their platform as intended.

The thing to remember is that it only previews a short clip almost at random from anywhere within the length of the track. This could be the chorus or the "hook" if you are lucky, it could also be from the long drawn out solo in the middle, that may not be the best place to give a true flavour of the song.

Same here. I think it's not possible for some countries.

Hey guys, 

I found a solution for releases which don't show the embedded player on facebook:

Copy the Spotify link of the track, go to https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/ , paste the link and click "debug". Facebook will scrape the link again and after reloading the facebook page you can paste the Spotify track link into your post – you should be able to see the embedded player now.

Worked for me instantly. 

I tried the Facebook debugging technique that you have described, but unfortunately that doesn't work for me - I'm still left with only the artwork/link and not the Spotify player :(. Are there any other solutions out there? Many thanks, James 🙂

Marked as solution

Awesome! Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts