Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify player in Facebook

Solved!

Re: Spotify player in Facebook

radiokillaz
Casual Listener

same problem here, works sometimes, not working today with my new release. any help??? spotify:track:0md3uPt7cij8A7UBl1bV5L

radiokillaz
Casual Listener

This does not work for me all the times, today I am trying to post our new EP and I am only getting the image and external link for spotify and no player? Last week our other EP the player was coming up on FB. Is this a Spotify problem?

pinksoir
Casual Listener
I'm having the exact same issue. What gives?

grandjeans
Casual Listener

Same problem here with several artists. Usually it changes about a week after release, so the first week the player isn't there (it's just the cover picture) and then, after about a week, the player starts showing. But, obviously, that's not how it should be - you wanna be able to share it from day one, and it's a big loss for Spotify IMO cos artists can't share their platform as intended.

uk_martin

The thing to remember is that it only previews a short clip almost at random from anywhere within the length of the track. This could be the chorus or the "hook" if you are lucky, it could also be from the long drawn out solo in the middle, that may not be the best place to give a true flavour of the song.

evkanas

Same here. I think it's not possible for some countries.

floriabe

Hey guys, 

I found a solution for releases which don't show the embedded player on facebook:

Copy the Spotify link of the track, go to https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/ , paste the link and click "debug". Facebook will scrape the link again and after reloading the facebook page you can paste the Spotify track link into your post – you should be able to see the embedded player now.

Worked for me instantly. 

jamesegray
Casual Listener

I tried the Facebook debugging technique that you have described, but unfortunately that doesn't work for me - I'm still left with only the artwork/link and not the Spotify player :(. Are there any other solutions out there? Many thanks, James :)

Solution!

goomis_90

jamesegray
Casual Listener

Awesome! Thanks :)

SUGGESTED POSTS