Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playlists do not update in Sonos

Solved!

Spotify playlists do not update in Sonos

The Spotify playlists visible in the Sonos application (PC-based as well as Ipad and Iphone) are not updated after I have changed, created new or deleted them in the Spotify application (PC-based as well as Ipad and Iphone). All other Spotify functionality within Sonos works e.g.. I can listen to my old playlists, I can search and listen to new music etc. 

It is not that the updating is slow (a few minutes or so), the playlists are not updated after several hours.  I have restarted all systems without success.

The problem is new to me (I do have old playlists!). I have noticed that some users have experienced similar problems a few months ago but I have not found any solution. Any ideas to solve the issue would be highly appreciated! 

37 Replies

This worked for me too. I had waited about 3 days for Spotify  playlists to show up in Sonos, restarted, updated music library etc etc. But this workaround did the trick. Thanks Valoss!

Thanks, 

this almost saved my life, I was going crazy over this sonos error.

This workaround doesn't work for me. My playlists don't refresh. Could you help me, please?

Thanks in advance.

I am having this problem and have tried all the tricks suggested here.  When I rebooted everything, updates that I had made to playlists several days ago finally appeared but changes that I made this morning have not. Changes I make in sonos are not reflected back on spotify.  There is clearly some bug impacting the speed with which syncing happens between spotify and sonos. I only have spotify so I can play it via sonos. If sonos and spotify can't get this to work reliably I'll ditch spotify and use a different streaming service that does work.

This is NOT solved

Same problem with a couple of other 'features'. Started yesterday as far as I'm aware.

1. Spotify playlists made in Spotify don't update to Sonos.
2. Sonos Playlists made through the Sonos Spotify interface don't appear in Spotify.
3. Searches on Spotify made through the Sonos app don't return results that appear when the same search is made directly on Spotify.

I've reauthorised the Sonos-Spotify link but the problem remains.

I just got this (below) from Sonos support. At least Sonos customer support actually responds to customer issues and provides updates, even when it's not their problem. Wish I could say the same about Spotify who just ignore everything.

----------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sonos Customer Care.

I am sorry about the issues you are experiencing with Spotify playlists and Sonos.

We have just received confirmation that Spotify is currently experiencing a system-wide issue with Sonos, specifically related to synchronizing playlists from/to Spotify clients and Sonos systems.

As soon as this issue is deemed to be resolved, I will reach out to you with an update.

Cheers,

Josh G.
Sonos Customer Care
140114-001121

15' ago I had answer by sonos support, they tell me that the playlist issue should be resolved and, in my case, it is. All run ok again. Sonos support resolved the trouble.
Thanks.

Not fixed for me yet?

I had the same problem this morning and the add-and-delete a playlist solution did work for me. I've also been getting intermittent "service unavailable" messages - I'm kind of tempted to try Beats instead, at this point...

This solved my problem...

https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/spotify_searches-1gwmpt

Good Luck.

Thanks mate, this has been bugging me for about a month or two and your advise fixed it instantly 🙂

FIXED IT!

Following this as well.  I looked back to the spotify playlist I set up on my PC.  There were 3 songs that were linked to my iTunes library instead of being pulled from streaming spotify.  I deleted those off and it showed up INSTANTLY on my sonos / spotify playlist on my iOS phone.  Good luck, to the right of the song on the sonos desktop client there is a little music note notating iTunes or local library, those are your trouble tracks!  

Worked perfectly for me, thanks for the tip!!!

RVNK's solution worked!!!

This solution worked for me too. Thnx.

Hmm, does't work for me. Little bit tired of searching how to solve this problem. 

Spotify playlistst don't update in Sonos. 

Any suggestions?

What worked for me (from my iPhone) was simply removing the Spotify music service, leaving it all alone for a few minutes, then re-adding it. It failed a couple of times to re-add the service, but once it did all of my dozens of playlists showed up immediately.

Suggested posts