Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify quits playing after 3-4 songs on ps3

Spotify quits playing after 3-4 songs on ps3

I saw a similar post that was closed a few months ago that was outlining the same issue that I am having.  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/PS3-app-freezing-after-3-4-songs-played/idi-p/129353...

When using Spotify on my ps3 it will play a few songs (from 1/2 a song to 4 songs) and then stop playing.  I am using a wireless connection with speeds of 4.83 mbps download, and 1.98 upload, with Sasktel as my ISP.  All other devices, wired or wireless don't have any problems playing music while on the same network.

I have turned off automatic login for the ps3.  When I first open spotify I get logged in no problem, but once the songs stop playing I have to close the Spotify app and when I try to reopen it askes me to login.  I have verified that I am still logged into the PSN before reopening Spotify so don't know why I need to login again.  At this time I usually can't login and keep getting a ps3 error (dns 80710102).  I have powered off the ps3 many of times and tried again but still get the same problem after a few songs.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app and it got some updates.  I am running v1.22 of Spotify and my ps3 is up to date with Sony's updates.  I first noticed the problem on Aug 30 2016.  I have tried a few things that were mentioned in other similar posts, as well as the ps3 dns error but still have the problem.  In the aforementioned thread Spotify said to let them know if the problem came back and for me it has.  Please Help, as a paying customer I am no longer getting my full money's worth and may have to look at alternative's for my music source.

1 Reply

The date should read July 30, 2016 not Aug 30.

Suggested posts