Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly pausing on ps4 and logging off everywhere didnt work

Spotify randomly pausing on ps4 and logging off everywhere didnt work

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(Sony Playstation 4 Pro)

Operating System

Playstation

My Question or Issue

My spotify keeps randomly pausing on its own when i have no mic plugged on, and when its plugged in and muted. I have tried going to my account on spotify.com and clicked log out everywhere.  It does log out everywhere EXCEPT it Does Not log out my spotify on my playstation 4. I have tried signing out my spotify, going on the spotify account and clicking logout everywhere then tried to log in. Did not work. I also tried reinstalling spotify on my playstation 4 after logging out everywhere. Didnt work. So i do not know what to try next...

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

5 Replies

Mine paused like every 3 to 4 secs yesterday, I used a new spotify account and only that works. I know that would suck if you have a lot of playlists saved but that's what worked. A new/different account. 

What worked for me was abit unusual  not sure why but it fixed it try spamming triangle  until it works, repeat the logout , delete spotify , restart ps4  then log back in after installing spotify , select a song , spam the triangle button until it works. hope this helped I struggled with this irritating bug and this is the only reason I joined spotify community. Hope It's resolved for you as it was for me. PSN Pixelbot2015 have a nice day.

@Pixelbot2015 wrote:

What worked for me was abit unusual  not sure why but it fixed it try spamming triangle  until it works, repeat the logout , delete spotify , restart ps4  then log back in after installing spotify , select a song , spam the triangle button until it works. hope this helped I struggled with this irritating bug and this is the only reason I joined spotify community. Hope It's resolved for you as it was for me. PSN Pixelbot2015 have a nice day.

this surprisingly worked for me, although, after doing all the steps, re-installing spotify, and logging in, it still paused for a bit for two or three songs so i had to keep spamming triangle for those two or three songs. after that, it started working again, though. thanks for suggesting this. :)) however, this is only a workaround unfortunately. hopefully spotify and playstation come up with a solution to completely fix the issue. 

Same

Hey @user-removed, @Trendyniggin@jas_phan@Pixelbot2015 and @ElCartel,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts