Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify releases huge update for Windows Phone

Spotify releases huge update for Windows Phone

Spotify has just pushed out a large change to the app on Windows Phone.

Read the changelog here.

6 Replies

What? I thought they abandoned Windows after reading what Spotify have thought of the Windows platform earlier.

Great news, Spotify!

This is the second biggest update recently. They reaffirmed their support a couple months ago in a statement.

new look but the same crappy app underneath. slow, laggy, takes ages to load and display a playlist (if it loads, most time it's just saying "problem loading playlist. check you connection") on my lumia 950.

makes me remember the old days on android (switch to android 4 made spotify unusable).

this app should be removed from the windows 10 store. (no idea if it works on windows phone 8.1).

Really? All I notice is moving the navigation buttons to the bottom. Still as sluggish as the previous version and still no ability to SORT playlists.

The new transitions etc are of no value to me - when I listen to music I don't stare at the phone. I generally only listen to my playlists/albums.

I like the Spotify service but the app is aggravating.

Doesn't work on WIN10M insider fastring.

the audio could not be started. Please restart the application... Doesn't Mather what you do, won't start.

There is still no song progress indicator when streaming to a car player via Bluetooth. Is there a more basic feature than that, dear Spotify programmers?

Suggested posts