Premium

Country

UK

Device

All

Operating System

iOS 13, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My amazon echo dot has been renamed under spotify connect, from "Bedroom" to "a7b5ad73-203e..." How can I change the name back?

spotify help thing.jpg
12 Replies

I have to same problem since a few days.  I have tried to reconnect the device .  I have four echoes and two other devices, 2 Echos show Spotify the correct Name, 2 Echos only a Code, not the Name from this device.

I think i have solved this Problem.

I have renamed the Echo to Original, after that i have renamed back to my „Bathroom“

Until it’s work...

happy

I just unlinked spotify and relinked it with amazon and now it works

Okay so I don't know if all of these steps are necessary, but this solved it for me:

1. Unlink Spotify account from Amazon Alexa app
  2. Delete Spotify app from phone
  3. Make sure no other devices running Spotify are turned on / connected
  4. Rename devices in Amazon Alexa app
  5. De-register and then re-register all devices in Amazon Alexa app
  6. Re-link Spotify to Amazon account in Amazon Alexa app
  7. Re-install Spotify app and sign in
  8. That should do it!

Okay so I don't know if all of these steps are necessary, but this solved it for me:
Unlink Spotify account from Amazon Alexa app
Delete Spotify app from phone
Make sure no other devices running Spotify are turned on / connected
Rename devices in Amazon Alexa app
De-register and then re-register all devices in Amazon Alexa app
Re-link Spotify to Amazon account in Amazon Alexa app
Re-install Spotify app and sign in
That should do it!

This stuff drives me nuts! I also had an echo dot that kept showing up in Spotify with its old name.
So I disabled the skill in Alexa. I logged into spotify on my computer, and go to my Accounts page and clicked the Log Out of Spotify Everywhere button. I then closed it down on my computer. I uninstalled it from my phone, which also gave me the option to delete all files which I did. I then reinstalled it on the phone, enabled the skill, linked accounts, etc. And IT STILL HAD THE SAME DAMN OLD NAME!
So I just went to Alexa on the phone. Disabled the skill again. Renamed the echo dot slightly, and then re-enabled the skill AND THAT'S ALL IT TOOK. Now Spotify sees the new name.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us and describing the situation so well!

To everyone experiencing issues with the name of their echo devices not appearing correctly in Spotify connect, we recommend the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Unlink your Spotify and Amazon accounts in the Alexa app. 
  2. Perform a clean reinstall of both apps. This page lists the necessary steps for Spotify. 
  3. Restart all devices and leave them for a couple of seconds with the power off. This is a simple, but often overlooked step.
  4. Connect your accounts again using the steps here.

That should do the trick. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Followed all of these steps, and it’s still showing the incorrect name in Spotify Devices menu.

This is the correct solution, and worked for me thanks!

Just disable the skill, rename the device, and re-enable the skill again. The Spotify suggested solution doesn’t work.

This isn’t the correct solution. Rcraigbell posted it earlier.

Simply disable the Alexa skill, rename the device in the Alexa app, then re-enable the skill.

Thank you!!!!! I Finally got it working by doing this. Thank you

Hey @Stephencd94

Thanks for posting here. 

Great news! Give us a shout if you experience this again - we're always here to help.

Еnjoy your music! 

Suggested posts