Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify songs not available on sonos

Spotify songs not available on sonos

A lot of the songs in my Spotify playlists are not available on Sonos (they show upp with a strike-thru). Sonos claims this is a Spotify problem, that they have not cleared rights for "third party speakers". SPOTIFY HAS BEEN SILENT ABOUT THIS FOR OVER A YEAR! despite the massive number of complaints that were on the previous forum (Getsatisfaction).

SPOTIFY WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS? I'm paying to listen to music in my house and I don't want to hook up my iphone or computer to my sonos system.

15 Replies

If, for any reason, a track on an album or playlist becomes unavailable Spotify will attempt to find an identical copy of the recording from another source in the catalogue. Where this has happened, you will still be able to play the track, and you will see a link icon to the right of track when viewing in a Spotify desktop client.

Unfortunately, the Sonos Spotify client does not perform this "re-linking".

It is possible to work around this, by manually replacing each track in playlists with the specific "source" track (found by clicking the link icon) on the desktop version of Spotify. It's rather tedious, but it should be able to get these tracks playing on your Sonos machine. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

On my iPad all my playlists are available. When logged into Sonos playlists are not there. ????

This also happens if you search through the Sonos app for certain tracks - just looked for Jack White's Blunderbuss but it's unplayable through Sonos - is that becaus the search results are cached and are out of date or because of licensing issues?Screen shot 2012-04-24 at 21.50.25.png

This seems to have been a problem for some years now.  Is this actually being fixed and it is just taking a long time, or is it just something that Spotify is going to ignore (and not work with Sonos to fix it)? 

Same probleme here, with premium account. I'm searching e.g. for David Guetta - Nothing but the beat, but all songs are not available on Sonos. On spotify client and android app all songs are available.

Is there any solution?

Same issue here with loads of good albums....gutted.

An answer from Spotify would be appreciated.

Looks like there's lots of problems with Spotify on Sonos.

So its no option for Logitech owners to change hardware 😉

Hello guys,

We've been racking our brains a bit and think we might have come up with a little bit of a idea.

If you subscribed to a playlist with these tracks on, something might be getting caught up and is not showing the appropreate tracks. 

So, here's something to try: 

* On the desktop version of Spotify, search for an album that you previously were having issues with

* Ensure the album has no "Link" icons next to the track (if it does, there might be a workaround. Just let me know if you need it)

* Add this album to a new playlist

* Head over to your Sonos / Squeezebox / Device of choice and then pop over into this new playlist. Are the tracks available now?

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for the response.

I have identified a track that (still) does not come up on Sonos.  I located the album using my desktop version of Spotify and created a new playlist of that album.

From that new playlist in Sonos I can now successfully play that track (and all the others from that album).

Have you changed something - if so it seems to be working!

I've now deleted the Playlist that had the sample 'missing' song, and after Sonos has updated to remove that playlist, I'll re-add it and see if the song now works.  Will let you know once that is complete.  (PS how do I get Sonos to update Spotify playlists a little faster than it seems to take at the moment?)

I have completed the deletion and re-adding of the playlist as set out in my earlier post.  Regretfully the 'missing' song is still 'missing'!

Still no solution?!

I still have the descripted problems, not only in playlists but also on searched albums!! (songs marked with a strike-thru).

The easiest way is to search for the album instead of the artist...that worked in all cases i´ve tested.

Mumford and Sons Bable won't play if I search for the album or link from New Releases. It will play if I search by Artist then select the album. If I search for tracks on the album the track shows up twice in the results list and both will play. 

Arcade Fire - Reflektor, available on Spotify on the web. On my Sonos it has a strike through. Why? What am I paying for? Look, I have apirated copy of the album. The only reason I pay for spotify is so that I have easy access to music onmy  sonos. If I have to synch my pirated music, then you have no value proposition. 

I have had this problem with Brothers by the Black Keys. I don't have the problem with Reflektor.

However I followed the tip to search for the album by its name, not bu the artist. It seems to take me to the same page and allow me to create the same playlist. However, that playlist DOES play on Sonos - go figure.

Suggested posts