Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stopped playing Bose Soundlink from MacBook.

Spotify stopped playing Bose Soundlink from MacBook.

I have been happily listening to Spotify, from my MacBook, through my Bose Soundlink and my Bose Colour Soundlink. However, it has suddenly stopped. It is paired with both of them and I can connect each of them. But no sound. I can listen to iTunes, Soundcloud, iPlayer etc through the Bose Soundlinks, but not Spotify. I have removed the Bose speakers and repaired them; switched off Spotify and started againe; and all the usual things. But no success. Spotify will play from my iPhone.

Can anyone help?

12 Replies

I'm having the same issue with bluetooth to speaker since last week. It then cuts out my Macbook Pro internal speaks too. I have to either restart Spotify or my computer to get them back. All other audio sounds fine (and better), ie: Pandora., LastFm, etc. 

I'm also having it cut out a ton on weekends using Airplay to speakers. I listen to Pandora or Lastfm instead.
During the week, it's fine for the most part...

I'm having the exact same problem! Was playing Spotify from my MacBook to my Soundlink absolutely fine about a week ago, now there no sound but the track clearly plays.

I think it started happening after restarting Spotify to upgrade it? Anyone else think its the upgrade?

I've been having these issues for over a month. I use Airplay and for some reason, it started getting sketchy from Friday evening till Sunday. It's been better since the update.

I use bluetooth to connect to speakers, and since the last update, it's been "hit or miss" with the connection.

Hi there, 

did you find a solution?? I cant even play a movie with the speakers bose soundlink

Thanks

This has been happening to me too; as a temporary solution, I've been able to get it to work by establishing a connection with the speakers and then restarting spotify.   Let me know if this works for anyone else!

I've been having this issue for quite some time. Glad to know I'm not alone - its insanely frustraing. I generally have to quit spotify then restart it. Sometimes I need to do it a few times.

Hi! 

Also having the same problem. A little green bar above will tell me "Can't play current track". I have to disconnect the speakers, turn off Spotify, connect the speakers, restart Spotify and THEN I can use it. Although, sometimes I have to do it a few times. It's so frustrating! 

Anyone with an idea of what the problem is?

I got in touch with BOSE and they advised as follows: “ Does the issue of dropping out occur when used with another device such as a phone or tablet? If this issue occurs solely with your Mac this may be down to a number of factors. I would advise if streaming internet media, check to see what other devices are using bandwidth on the network. There may be multiple devices connected to the network using router bandwidth (i.e. internet connected TV, laptop, game console, Blu-ray player, tablet, smartphone). If other devices connected to the same network are streaming multimedia content, utilising a webcam or transferring large amounts of data at the same time, this can decrease network bandwidth and prevent a consistent media stream. Disconnect the device from the Bose system and see if the streaming media plays without issue through the device's speaker. If not, there is an issue with the media stream. Alternatively, if there is music stored on the device, see if that music plays without issue. If it does, there could be an issue with the media stream. Try exiting applications that are using the internet (or turn the device off) to determine if they are causing the issue. If any of the wirelessly connected devices are able to be connected to the network using an Ethernet cable, recommend using a wired connection to improve its performance and to increase the amount of network bandwidth available for other wireless devices. " But I found that unhelpful as I also have a BOSE Colour Soundlink, which never drops Spotify. And my mini sound link drops Spotify when it is the only device using broadband/wifi. However, for a different reason BOSE told me how to reset the Mini Soundlink: connect the system to the power supply (bypass the cradle) and press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds. All the LEDs should flash briefly, repower and retest. Since I have done this it hasn’t dropped (touch wood).

Tried it! Pressed the mute button until the lights blinked then reconnected. Works naturally now!

Thanks a lot Fishface!

Aarrgghhh! It has started to drop the connection again.

Worked perfectly! Cheers.

Bless you Fishface! Resetting worked a charm. I was losing my mind with frustration.

Suggested posts