Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stopped playing with Roku 3

Solved!

Spotify stopped playing with Roku 3

Roku 3 will let you select a playlist but it will not load the tracks (Loading...). I have tried it with with 2 different Roku 3 boxes, 2 smart TVs (Panasonic and Spectre), did all levels of reboots, log out/in, without success. It worked on both quite recently. I am guessing this is a problem that needs to be addressed by the Spotify support team.

49 Replies

Same problem.  Stops playing and keeps loading playlists forever.  Exiting the app doesn't help.  Restarting the roku seldom helps.

ugh. same for me. i will be so sad if i have to cancel my account with you - but i will- if a fix isn't found quickly. 

Same problem as everyone else. Try restarting Roku, tried exiting out of the app and getting back in. Will load a few playlists and most folders but only about 10% of playlists available.  

Is Spotify ever going to do anything about this?

Thanks. Wish I could say that worked.
Marked as solution

Really? Because it is now 2017 and Spotify will not load any playlist on ANY of my three Roku's.

I will be canceling both of my accounts if this is not fixed within a week or so. The other music programs work, so I will be moving onto one of them.

When is Spotify for Smart TV's going to update?  A few playlists will not load.  

Antone Thatcher

Keep working at updating the Spotify App on Smart TV's.  My main playlist just loaded today.  Still a few more not so important synced playlists left to load.  Thanks!

Antone Thatcher
Marked as solution

MIne ROKU 3 began to load my playlist yesterday Friday ... and keeps playing for a long time without interrupts !!!

It seems guys fixed the problem ... without any feedback which is not good.

Hopefully it keeps working 

Have this issue too. The only reason I subscribed to premium is for the roku chanel. Pandora works fine. Probably going to cancel once my trial is over.

This happens to me everyday.

When I attempt to load the playlists, it sometimes never loads and I have to exit app and back in to get it loaded.

Once I finally find the playlist I want...I begin playing it....only for it to stop playing after a random number of songs.  Sometimes 2, sometimes 10, but regardless have to exit app and back in again for it to start working.  REALLY annoying.

I got a Roku 3 last week and the exact same problem is happening ot me. Any solutions for this yet???

Umm they were aware of this in 2015, its 2017. Still not fixed. Awareness doesn't help my music play on my Roku 3.

Couldn't have said it any better. Update your app for Roku, Spotify!

Has spotify ever responded to this?

they did. it was a number of steps that i haven't gotten to it. i will try
to send to you, if you'd like?

Please list steps…I wouldn’t mind trying them.

Nothing else appears to work…and I have almost given up using Spotify on
Roku.

Please send it to me at djkav1 at outlook dot com.

Thanks very much

I subscribed to a premium account following purchase of roku streaming stick but it has only worked intermittently. Now when I load the app it does not show my playlists, Spotify have assured me their Technicians are looking into the problem but that was over a week ago? This is obviously a Roku fault as I can play my music through my tablet and phone any ideas would be appreciated!!

Suggested posts