Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stopped working on Firestick

Spotify stopped working on Firestick

When I try to start Spotify on Kindle Firestick, it says, You're Offline. I'm not offline--I can stream Netflix, Prime, etc. I called Amazon Tech Support and cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. They said there was nothing they could do to help me anymore and told me to contact Spotify, so here I am.

I also can't open the website on my computer--I can open every other website I go to, but Spotify opens without graphics, etc.

Ideas?

13 Replies

Hey @skjpm

That sounds like there's a network-related issue.

The simplest thing to try would be restarting the router (unplug for 10 to 20 seconds and then plug back in). This should generally work.

If that didn't work, please let me know and I'll figure out something else to try. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for responding! No, that didn't work. If I play Spotify on my computer and send it to the Firestick, I can hear it, but the TV screen still says "You're Offline" and I can't access Spotify through the Firestick itself.

@skjpm

Alright, thank you for trying 🙂

Is the network you're using restricted in any ways, and is it a home or office network? Network restrictions may cause Spotify to stop working correctly.

When did it stop working?

Also, after restarting the router, can you access the Spotify website on your computer?

Keep me posted 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

It's my home computer, and I haven't put on any restrictions. It just started in the last 2 days--up until then, I could go on the website,  and I could access Spotify from my Firestick. I can load the Spotify app on my computer and smartphone.

I've unplugged and plugged in the router, unplugged and plugged in the Firestick, uninstalled and re-installed the app on my Firestick, cleared all cache and data and THEN uninstalled and reinstalled, and THEN unplugged and plugged in both the router and Firestick. It still says "You're offline." Did Spotify do an update in the last couple of days? Thanks again! 🙂

I am having exact same issue. Just started in last 36 hrs.

Hey @Inprin and @skjpm

Spotify had some connection issues which might have caused this. However, this issue has been fixed, so I ask you to reinstall the Spotify app one more time. 🙂

@skjpm - you said you can't open the Spotify webpage. Is your ISP Windstream by chance?

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

Yes, it is Windstream. Is that a factor? Thanks!

Yes, my ISP is Windstream aswell. 

@Inprin @skjpm

Thank you for that. However, about reinstalling the Spotify client for your Firestick device, did it work? 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Uninstalled. Powered off. Powered on and reinstalled Spotify app. Still says offline

I have windstream as well and am experiencing the same problem.

From what I can tell, it Seems like windstream is the problem. I tethered my firestick to my phone and spotify worked fine on the firestick. Switched back to the windstream network and got the same offline screen again. 

Unfortunately, no. But Windstream might be the problem. I'm not sure there's anyone I could call at Windstream, though--this is probably not a problem a lot of their technicians would be aware of. Is there a way to get Spotify and Windstream to talk to each other so they can sort it out?

To recap--The Spotify app works on my computer, but the website won't load correctly on my computer. The app works on my phone, but not my Firestick. And, as of today, I can't send the music playing on my computer app to my TV, which I could do yesterday.(The music would play even though the TV screen said "You're offline.")

Hey all!

Spotify's tech team is currently looking into the Windstream-related issue, please click here to see the Issue thread and post feedback. 🙂

Hopefully this issue will get solved very soon!

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts