Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stuck in shuffle on iPhone

Solved!

Spotify stuck in shuffle on iPhone

This is a problem and has been for years. Fix it or lose me as a customer. you're not the only subscription music company anymore.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks seanlaw27. Stuck in Shuffle mode on iphone6. Deleted then reinstalled Spotify app. Temporarily solved problem, but happened again, so have now deleted and reinstalled again. Read your post, tested and it works. If stuck in shuffle, go into song view, and deselect (unhighlight) the shuffle symbol (intersecting curvy arrows in lower left corner). Then select any song in your list and it will play in the established order.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

So if for any reason you are on shuffle on any device then it defaults to shuffle to all devices. So if this happens to you, check the song view and then you can see the shuffle button will be lit up. It's on the bottom left.

Finally an answer to this. Check some of the forums. Others have been complaining on this for a while and instead of answering people ask dumb questions like "do you have premium"?
Marked as solution

Thanks seanlaw27. Stuck in Shuffle mode on iphone6. Deleted then reinstalled Spotify app. Temporarily solved problem, but happened again, so have now deleted and reinstalled again. Read your post, tested and it works. If stuck in shuffle, go into song view, and deselect (unhighlight) the shuffle symbol (intersecting curvy arrows in lower left corner). Then select any song in your list and it will play in the established order.

This doesn't work. Not only does it take me to a screen saying I need to get Premim to play any song, other forums have noted that there should be an I for information while playing a song. This also does not exist. I've deleted and reinstalled five times with no solution. I'm about ready to cancel my subcription. FYI - I'm using an iPhone 5. Please provide support asap.

Thank you,

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 11.10.18 AM.png

@EmmyGale 

The "i" no longer exists because that was for an older version of the app.

To turn off shuffle mode there is a shuffle icon on the bottom left corner of the now playing screen. You can only turn off shuffle mode if you have a premium subscription.

Do you have a premium subscription? I suggest you log out of the app, and then log back in. I think maybe you premium didn't activate yet.

If you still have trouble getting premium to work,

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and see what is going on:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts