Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stuck on one song

Solved!

Spotify stuck on one song

I was listening to spotify today on the web player and I came across a song and it is now frozen on the song. It's a 3:48 song and it is currently at a time of 518:48 and still going. I cannot click another song, pause, click next, or do anything else. My spotify is completely useless. There is no sound output either. I have logged out, closed the window, relogged in, button mashed everything on the browser, nothing works. How on earth do I fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ItsTheBGB

That sounds bad!

There are a few things you can try out:

1. There's that icon on the left of the volume bar, it looks like a desktop PC to me. Click on it and choose 'This web player'.

2. Click on your username below the 'Install App' link. Choose 'Full website' and click on any albums/playlists proposed under 'Looking for music?'.
If at first it doesn't work, go to your account page, click on 'Sign out everywhere', log into your web player and repeat this method.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ItsTheBGB

That sounds bad!

There are a few things you can try out:

1. There's that icon on the left of the volume bar, it looks like a desktop PC to me. Click on it and choose 'This web player'.

2. Click on your username below the 'Install App' link. Choose 'Full website' and click on any albums/playlists proposed under 'Looking for music?'.
If at first it doesn't work, go to your account page, click on 'Sign out everywhere', log into your web player and repeat this method.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Hey the first one too. Worked! Thanks!

What is the difference between "This Web Browser" and "Web Player (Chrome)"?

@ItsTheBGB

Awesome! 🙂

Spotify Connect is a feature for controlling one device remotely with another device. Useful in it, but may sometimes cause issues in the web player.

Your web player session is memorized by Spotify as a web player in Chrome, practically a device. Sometimes, when you log back to web player the next time, it seems to forget that it's the same device. For me it does that quite often so I have to make sure to choose 'This web player'.

Enjoy your music! 🙂

I'm here for you in case you need help again!

SebastySpotify Star

Thanks man a lot!!! Had same problem and first solution worked out!

hi this is happening on both my pc spotify app my cellphone[samsung galaxy note8] my ps4 spotify app and my Xbox 1 S spotify app

Suggested posts