Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify to stop dismantling their best service features. [All Platforms][Other]

Spotify to stop dismantling their best service features. [All Platforms][Other]

As a Premium user for 4 years now I have seen countless features that were great and set Spotify apart from other services be removed for reasons I can't fathom. The only thing that now keeps me from changing to another service is the collaborative playlists. It baffles me that there is this community full of great ideas that routinely get ignored, or take years to even be considered, some that appear to be very simple and would make a lot of people very happy.

There also seems to be no acknowledgement of user frustration, highlighted perfectly by the latest removal of the inbox feature.

Apologies for resorting to such a snide post but I feel like posting this as a comment in an existing thread, it would just be another piece of disgruntled user feedback that would be ignored.

2 Replies

I also use collaborative playlists quite often, and its always such a big hassle to manage to get people into the playlist, such a struggle and so much work for something which should be simple which yes is much much harder now without the inbox.

How are are you meant to have a "collaborative" playlist if they dont even let you send it to your followers? it makes 0 sense and what if peoplef dont use the 3rd party apps you do? not everyone is connect to spotify through facebook. 

Oh, they're good at ignoring and not caring.  They're also good at removing posts, as they did mine (with no answer from three moderators at this point as to why).  Don't be surprised if they resort to banning next (as if it would help), as if it isn't obvious based on the s*** show that is this forum/"community", half filled with just people expressing their legitimate dissatisfaction (on levels, all these years, greater than I've pretty much seen anywhere else).  They'll quote their own internally contrived statistics instead (which they call "deeply analytical") to legitimize dismantling their servies/software to a skeleton of what the community actually consists of.

Suggested posts