Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify update.....

Spotify update.....

There have been two recent updates for both Sonos and Spotify. I updated my Sonos Play 5 and Play 1 recently which gave me back the ability to control my Sonos speakers through the Spotify app. After the most recent Spotify update I have now lost that same ability. Can you please tell us or fix the problem? I much rather use the Spotify app to control my Sonos. The GUI on the Spotify App is a lot easier to use for me and it gives me the ability to play my "Daily Mixes" which I cannot do through the Sonos App.

Thank You

-Nate

1 Reply

Hi Nate, 

It sounds like you want to use the Connect feature through the Spotify app on a handheld device. Is that correct?

Make sure that both of your devices are connected to the same Wifi network, go to the app and find the speaker you want to connect to (find more help here).

If that doesn't work, try restarting your devices (and speakers). Also, make sure that:

• All devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • Your Spotify app is up-to-date.
  • All devices’ software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts