Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

Lenovo Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Yesterday I started having issues with using Spotify web player.

It says:

Spotify no longer supports this version of Chrome. Please update your browser for uninterrupted listening.
Spotify no longer supports this version of Firefox. Please update your browser for uninterrupted listening.

Firefox 60.7.0esr (64-bit)

Chrome Version 72.0.3626.121

Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0 (doesn't open web player whatsoever)

I tried to use incognito mode in all 3 browsers to eliminate possible issues with cookies, but nothing changed.

Unfortunately using Spotify desktop app is not an option for me, apparently it uses some ports that are blocked in my network.

Does anyone know what wen versions are supposed to be working with their web player?

4 Replies

I am also having the same issue and am receiving this error message (attached).

Screenshot 2019-08-15 at 9.12.27 AM - Display 1.png

I posted yesterday about Firefox ESR 60.8.0 also being broken.  Chrome 76 works.

Spotify support said that only the newest browser versions are guaranteed to work and they will not be able to provide any further support. I had therefore canceled my subscription and will move to Youtube Music for now, I wish you all good luck 🙂

Hello @mastercz@Mythus and @lessilly,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with Spotify in Chrome and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts