Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify web player says Offline, works everywhere else

Solved!

Spotify web player says Offline, works everywhere else

I just recently went premium on a family plan and ever since then the web player in my browser (Chrome on OS X) switched to Offline mode. I've logged out and back in, restarted the browser, the laptop - nothing helps. No matter what I try, I'm still Offline (even though every other application and web page works fine).

What's odd is that I can open the Spotify app on the same laptop and it works .. and the app on my Samsung Galaxy works fine as well. Anything I can do to fix the web player/browser issue?

Thanks,

Ed

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @edzzz.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try clearing your browsers cookies and cache to see if this helps? If it doesn't, try out a different web-browser to see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't help as well, send us over a screenshot of the error message you are receiving.

Looking forward to your reply and have a nice day.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @edzzz.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try clearing your browsers cookies and cache to see if this helps? If it doesn't, try out a different web-browser to see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't help as well, send us over a screenshot of the error message you are receiving.

Looking forward to your reply and have a nice day.

Thank you! I can't believe I didn't try clearing the cookies/cache before I posted. Duh. That did the trick. Thanks again.

Hey @edzzz,

No worries! Glad we could help 🙂

spotify:track:124NFj84ppZ5pAxTuVQYCQ

Hey Guido,

I followed your instructions. I cleared the cookies and cache, but it still doesn't seem to work. It still says "Offline" for me and won't play any music. I opened it up in Firefox and, it DOES work there, just not in Chrome. So what does that mean? Or what is my next step? Thank you!

None of those options worked for me, now I just get a "Something went wrong, try reloading the page" on infinite loop. Completely unplayable on Chrome for me.

Hi @Furinkazan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

Could you please open an incognito window on your browser and check if that makes a difference? 

Also, do you get the same error from a different internet browser?

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Doesn't work incognito in chrome, same error. Firefox works.

Hey @Furinkazan,

Thanks for the reply.

Try clearing Chrome's Cache and Cookies and check if there are newer versions of the browser available, like described here.

Let us know if that helps 🙂

AlexModerator

Same problem here on Chrome today. Cleared all cache and cookies, made full page reload, it doesn't help. On Safari everything is fine.

Hi @Vorug,

Thank you for reaching out on this post. 

If you've already cleared your browser and the issue persists, please try reinstalling Chrome and check if that makes a difference.

If it doesn't, please follow these steps to clear the Hosts file on your PC, as it can sometimes give trouble.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

Updating Chrome to new version helped (was installed previous one week ago).

Hey @Vorug,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Glad to hear that it worked out and everything is working as expected again.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts