Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify web player shuffle plays from a select set of saved songs

Solved!

Spotify web player shuffle plays from a select set of saved songs

Spotify web player shuffle seems to only play songs that have been 'loaded' by scrolling through the saved songs list. For example, it seems around 50 songs are loaded at one time in my 1000+ saved songs list. When I open spotify web player, the shuffle plays the same 50 songs over and over. When I scroll down to 'load' the next set of 50 songs, the first 50 songs seem to 'unload' after a couple songs, leading the shuffle to alternate between the 50 songs that I just loaded.

This is very annoying. Is it a problem that I can fix myself or is this server side?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think I solved the problem. When you select a song with the shuffle enabled, it will select only the songs inside the 150-block. But if you click the song and click twice on the random icon (disable and enable shuffle), it will start to random among all the songs you have.

So, every time you choose a song, you need to disable and then enable the random to make it randomize all your songs, otherwise it will only randomize inside the 150-block. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have the same problem, but with the first 150 songs. It seems that it chooses only the music inside a block of 150 songs. Even if I load the rest of the list, it will remain on the first 150 songs. But if I click, for example, the music nº 160, the random will select from the 151 - 300 block. It works in block of 150 songs, I guess, and it's really annoying, since I also have a lot of music but I can't listen to them all at once.

Besides, it's not possible to sort the music by artist, and now it's possible to add the same music two or more times in the playlist "favourite", which is terrible because I need to re-check my playlist every time to remember if i had already added a song to it.

I'm having basically the same problem except on the Desktop app. This is really annoying...

Apparently they have solved the problem, I was listening to the music nº 7, then it went to the n° 760, 145, 523...

Thanks a lot, Spotify staff!

Now the only problems left is the "Favorites" playlist and the sort by artist, but it's great that you solved this problem 😉 

Sorry, they solved the problem only for a few days, now the random returned to the 150-block selection... ¬¬"

Marked as solution

I think I solved the problem. When you select a song with the shuffle enabled, it will select only the songs inside the 150-block. But if you click the song and click twice on the random icon (disable and enable shuffle), it will start to random among all the songs you have.

So, every time you choose a song, you need to disable and then enable the random to make it randomize all your songs, otherwise it will only randomize inside the 150-block. 

Suggested posts