Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify web player stopped working in Edge

Spotify web player stopped working in Edge

I've been using the Spotify Web player via Microsoft Edge for a while now and never had any problems with it. However, recentlly I started to just get the error that I need to "enable the webplayer". It links me to a support article which describes that I need to download a media pack. This media pack however is just meant for Windows 10 N editions (these come without any codecs). On Windows 10 Home (the platform I'm using), these codecs come already preinstalled. I don't know why this isn't working, because I didn't install updates when it stopped working (I already was on the latest updates when it still worked fine). It also works fine in other browsers on the same machine (e.g. Chrome and Firefox). Also the option for media licenses in Edge is enabled.

The following errors showed up in Edge's JavaScript console (I don't know if these are relevant for the issue):

SCRIPT12008: SCRIPT12008: WebSocket Error: Incorrect HTTP response. Status code 429, Too Many Requests

HTTP400: BAD REQUEST The request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax.
(XHR)POST - https://accounts.spotify.com/api/login

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UN

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 1903 (Build 18362.175)

Browser

Microsoft Edge 44.18362.1.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18362

1 Reply

There are some fixes for this Here maybe see if any of these could fix your issue.

Suggested posts