Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify web player suddenly won't play on Firefox

Spotify web player suddenly won't play on Firefox

Web player has worked well for many months on Firefox (wired Ethernet connection). and suddenly stopped playing with all other data accessible on screen.

iPod Touch and Dell Venue Spotify apps play fine and are noted on laptop screen as playing. Each device replaces the other as being active (in green print) when it is turned on.

This certainly demonstrates that laptop "knows" there are two other functioning devices nearby running Spotify.

Clicking on "computer" as the other device has no effect and the connected WiFi device continues to play. Sometimes the song playing on WiFi device will appear on the laptop screen with sound cotinuing to emanate from the device.

Of note, Pandora, AccuRadio, Slacker Radio and Jango Radio function flawlessly.

Thanks to anyone who responds and can resolve this issue.

1 Reply

Hey @tennismaine

You can try out this:

1. open web player and go to a random album (of your choice)

2. click on the three dots on any song to select "Copy song link"

3. Paste this link (ctrl + V) to the address bar of the browser and hit Enter

The web player will load on the album and the song should start to play. You can click on Play if it doesn't do so yet.

Additionally you can try clearing cookies and cache in the browser settings as well 🙂

Spotify Connect is the feature that will show other devices with Spotify nearby. It allows to control devices remotely (such as controlling a wireless speaker with phone or PC).  This article will explain the feature further!

Hope this helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts