Announcements

Spotify web "play" button doesn't work - 504

Highlighted

Spotify web "play" button doesn't work - 504

Regular

Windows 10, latest chrome.
Can't press "play" on the web version on any song, issues started today. didn't happen before.
I tried to press "f12" to see if there is a console error, and I see in red "HTTP 504 error", maybe it's related idk.
logout and login again, or deleting all cookies doesn't help.
Playing songs on Iphone app works, but browser version can't press play on any song 😕 

Thanks for your help.

Untitled.png
20 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Spotify web "play" button doesn't work - 504

Casual Listener
The web version does not work on any browser. Logging out on all devices doesn't help. An attempt to transfer playback to the web version using the application on the phone does not work. I see about a dozen such complaints on Twitter and a small thread on Reddit. Since links are removed for spam:
"The web version stopped playing tracks, I almost filled in a bug report to the developers of my browser (Firefox Nightly), but decided to check it on a stable clean version before that. It turned out that on the stable version of Firefox, the web version also does not play tracks. I decided to check on Microsoft Edge just in case (I had never launched it before). Surprisingly, it didn't start working there either. Okay, Edge is an outdated browser that will soon be replacing chromiumEdge, so I decided to download Google Chrome and check there. No, it doesn't work there either. Everything works great in the Spotify app. Either I was personally forbidden to play tracks in the web version from this account (**bleep**), or the web version as a whole broke."
Highlighted

Visitor

me too have same problem

Highlighted

Regular
Can you check (easy in chrome) if you also get http error 504?
This might indicate a server issue on spotify's side.
Open spotify web in chrome, press f12 and see "console" on the right side for red error.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same problem here.

I have tried two different browsers. Edge and Brave. I have deleted cache, cookies and restarted PC.

Play button not working or volume control.

Now I cannot use the Desktop player or the web player!

Highlighted

Visitor
Same here... Switzerland if that helps.
I was asuming a DNS problem. However, as it happens to you aswell - it probably is not on my side then. '^^
Highlighted

Casual Listener
" Can you check (easy in chrome) if you also get http error 504?"
Yeah, 504 in Firefox and Chrome.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
same here, impossible to play any song, 504 errors...
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Something wrong with web player for 7 hours already
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same. Working fine last night. Good job guys!

SUGGESTED POSTS