Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play music, can't click on songs [web player/Google Chrome]

Spotify won't play music, can't click on songs [web player/Google Chrome]

For the past couple of weeks, Spotify web player has not been working for me. Here are the situations I've encountered:

• Listened to web player on laptop (Google Chrome, Windows 10), then tried to listen to web player on work desktop (Google Chrome, Windows 7). Spotify was frozen on the album/song I had been listening to on my laptop, and the play button was greyed out; I couldn't click on any other songs or albums. I tried logging out of all my other devices, using incognito mode, and clearing my cache/cookies, but none of those worked. Then I tried downloading Spotify on my phone, playing a song there, and using Spotify Connect to switch it back to my work desktop, but this would only work after multiple attempts (and half the time the app wouldn't even play music to start with, so something's off there as well, but that's another story). Even when it worked, my desktop would stop playing after a song or two and I would have to start the process all over again. Finally, I put the app in "offline" mode and then deleted the app, which seemed to work, until...

• After listening to Spotify at work, I went home and listened to it on my laptop (I  think I had to refresh it once to get the web player working again, but it was otherwise fine). This morning, I went back to work and managed to listen to about an album's worth of songs on the web player before it abruptly stopped working again. It's now frozen on a song and I can't click on any others.

This is extremely frustrating. The web player was working just fine until a couple of weeks ago. Is anyone else on Chrome experiencing this issue?

[Edit: I just installed Firefox on my work desktop. Went to the Spotify web player, logged in, and was able to play with no problems. Went back to Chrome and suddenly was able to play with no problems. **bleep**? I don't want to have to keep downloading apps/browsers just to jog Chrome back into playing again...]

1 Reply

I'm having the exact same issue!  I login, logout, etc. and still can't play a song.  It's like it's stuck on the last ad which it keeps showing in the bottom left.

Suggested posts