Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't shuffle entire playlist when played through Echo

Spotify won't shuffle entire playlist when played through Echo

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 6, Macbook 2015, Amazon Echo 2nd Gen

My Question or Issue

When I try to play my Spotify playlist through my Amazon Echo on shuffle mode it will only shuffle between the first 100 or so songs in my playlist. This is frustrating as my playlist has about 1000 songs in it and I am only hearing the A-Bs. I've tried logging out and in again which seems to fix the problem on my phone, but then as soon as I start playing through the Echo the same thing happens again.

My Echo is my main music listening device when at home so this is very annoying. Anyone know a fix? Thinking I might have to switch from Spotify over to Amazon Music to get around it.

3 Replies

Hey @wessieb.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

If the problem is not corrected soon, I will be cancelling Spotify premium. I just got an Echo Dot for Christmas and this is not working for me.

Currently investigating it? You'll get this sorted as soon as possible? Stop lying please, this has been an issue since 2016 (at least).

Also, the issue he's talking about is this one:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Connect-only-plays-100-song-chunks-of-playlists/idi-...

Suggested posts