Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Squeezebox Boom - plugin/app???.

Squeezebox Boom - plugin/app???.

Hi forum Just wondering if anyone has advice on getting my Boom connected to Spotify Premium. It seems to be no longer compatible? Any advice appreciated. Tony T
4 Replies

You could run the 3rd Party Spotify Plugin - however you would need to have Logitech Media Server running for it to work.  You can find it in the plugins list... once enabled and installed it is pretty easy to use.

Thanks for the reply. I have LMS 7.7.2 running on Windows Home Server 1 - saw the plugin there and thought it would be good to go, but can't seem to play to the Boom as a device, and Spotify is not an app available on the Boom's menus either... Any thoughts on what I'm missing here? Cheers Tony T

For Boom/Duet you need to uninstall the Logitech spotify app, and install Triode's one. You need a premium account.

You will need to add Triode's repository to the list of plug-ins, by entering this at the bottom of the plug-ins settings page:

http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo.xml

Then, 'Apply' and restart the server.

Once done (it may take a while because it first has to download so be patient), then go back to the plugins settings page and find the Spotify Third-Party Plugin, and click on its settings link.

You also need a device username and password to enter into the plug-in config. Go to https://www.spotify.com/nz/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/ and clck the link to start the process (you may need to adjust the URL to suit - this is for New Zealand).

Eventually you'll get an email with a link where you can set a device password. Enter the numerical user id and your new password into the Plug In settings page.

Make sure the rest of the settings make sense, and click Apply when you're done.

Spotify should now appears in the 'My Apps' menu on your device and the web interface.

does your method of adding Triode's repository still require connecting and running my squeezbox devies, ie boom and transporter thru Logittech Media Server.  I normally use mysqueezbox.com to use my devices as computer that runs LMS is not running all the time.

thanks

Suggested posts