Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Squeezebox "This track is not available in your region"

Squeezebox "This track is not available in your region"

I am getting more and more occurences of tracks becoming unavailable. I'm using latest version of Squeezebox and have a Premium subscription to Spotify. The message "This track is not available in your region" happens on a playlist with tracks that I have locally, e.g. I purchased Alt-J album, created a playlist but get this message when trying to play most of the tracks on my squeezebox.

15 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

The issue that you are seeing is the tracks are unavailable in your country, but you can still play them on your computer since you have imported them as local files and then added them to your playlist. However, since it is not possible to sync those local files to your Squeezebox, it has to look for those tracks in the Spotify catalogue to play them, and obviously in the Spotify catalogue they are not available in your country. 

Any content that has disappeared or been removed (the tracks will still be in your playlist, just hidden because they unplayable) is normally down to the record label or rights holder. Sometimes content is removed due to licensing changes, transfer of ownership or due to a request from the content owner.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

But Squeezebox is the only location where these tracks aren't playable. I can play the tracks on Spotify Android, on two computers at home and one at work. None of the other locations has the tracks stored locally. 

Does Spotify have a customer support?

What is the difference between having access to music via android and squeezebox touch?

@ilija69 wrote:

Does Spotify have a customer support?

What is the difference between having access to music via android and squeezebox touch?

Hey! 

They do, you can get in touch directly using the online contact form.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same problem - and had the same problem two years ago.  Back then I couldn't find a solution and so cancelled my spotify subscription.  I just re-subscribed, assuming it must have been fixed after all this time, and unfortunately I see that it hasn't been.  

This is a bug in spotify, it has nothing to do with royalties or rights.  As far as I can tell spotify has different versions of the same track that are valif for different regions.  But when you search for a track on the squeezebox (or even go to "what's new" and click a track there) it sometimes pulls up the track for the wrong region.  Sometimes you can find another version (for example by searching for the album instead of the track) and that one will play, but there's no way to know without trying it, so it's extremely annoying.

Please email spotify customer support if you have this issue, hopefully they will do something about it.

I'm having an identical problem. I'm able to play songs on my computer or phone but not on the Squeezebox.

Did anybody find a fix to this or do you know about a streaming service that works better with the Squeezebox?

All the best,

Jacob

I'm currently working with spotify support via email to try to resolve this.  No fix so far, but if I'll post here to update if there is one.

Just an update to say I haven't forgotten this thread!  I emailed customer support to ask what the status of this is, and they replied indicating it's still being worked on.   I'll post here as soon as there's any progress.

Any joy ?!?!? - this is really beginning to bug me.

Wasn't this a case of Spotify saying it wasn't their problem to fix as the API was fine (in their view) but Squeezebox had to sort it..?

I've heard nothing from spotify despite repeated promises to get back to me.  I'll try again.  Maybe if others also email customer support it will help.

Thanks - I'll email them too.

Surely it must be affecting everyone with a Squeezebox who uses Spotify...!?!??!?!?!

😕

Do you have a reference number I could quote..?

Cheers

Yes - the subject of the email from spotify customer support is 

Error code 101-126 [ ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0Z1IaR:ref ]

At this point I'm almost ready to give up and cancel my subscription again.  There are plenty of competing services that function properly.

Done:

For your reference this is Case #: 01920650

Come on Spotify - SORT IT OUT...!

🙂

I have the same problem, it has been like this for many years now, and it’s bad that it doesn’t get fixed!

I'm paying to get my music on my devises that is Spotify enabled!

Suggested posts