Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred not loading on my WD TV Live streamer

Starred not loading on my WD TV Live streamer

Hi, I have about 650 starred songs that show up on my desktop PC, but only about 360 come up on my WD TV Live streamer.  Why didn't they all transfer over?  Total noob here, so no geek answers please.  Thanks.

• WD
4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you have any tracks on your starred list on your desktop computer which are local files, they appear in the "Local files" section of the Spotify client? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, I have about 1000 songs on my PC when I click on "Music".  I have tried to get them to transfer to my Windows Media Player and I think some of them went.  Then I tried to transfer everything into a new Spotify playlist I called "All My Stuff".  This playlist comes up fine on my PC, but not on my WD streamer.

Sorry, I forget this:  I do have 560 tracks when I click on "local files", but they don't seem to be transferring over to the WD streamer.  Thanks.

Just had a look at your starred playlist since you mentioned it earlier (link is Starred). 

It appears that a lot of those tracks are local files which are not available in the Spotify catalogue (stored on your computer as mp3's or other files), which is why they don't appear on your WD streamer since it doesn't have access (or support) to your local files on your desktop. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts