Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred playlist forever "loading" on Roku

Solved!

Starred playlist forever "loading" on Roku

I have a premium account, and I use the Roku Spotify app. I've used it almost since its inception without problems. Until now.

For whatever reason, only my starred playlist won't load. It used to; this is a new problem that's lasted for the past three or four days.  It just says "Loading," and I'd imagine if I left it that way for an hour, it'd still say "Loading." All my other playlists load. This is my starred playlist, btw, not someone else's. The list has 605 tracks on it.

My boyfriend's account is also linked to the Roku app--as it has been since the beginning--and his starred playlist, along with all his other playlists, load just fine. 

I've tried resetting the Roku, and I've tried uninstalling the Roku app and reinstalling. Neither solves the problem. 

Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Might sound weird, but can you star a single track from the web player and then log out and back in again on Roku and see if it then loads? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Might sound weird, but can you star a single track from the web player and then log out and back in again on Roku and see if it then loads? 

Peter

Wow, that did it--thank you. Strange.

Matt

I have had spotify on my Roku 3 for over 6 mos now without issue.  However, today it has stopped loading my starred playlist.  I tried the web player trick above and then logging back in on the Roku without success.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app too.  Any other suggestions?

above fix didnt work. is there another?

How many tracks are on your starred playlist?

Peter

I've tried this fix as well, and my starred list still will not load.
I only have like 15-20 songs, so honestly, this shouldn't be happening.

I left it in the "loading" mode for hours and it never did load anything.

Same thing has happened to me. I've tried everything I can think of. Any more suggestions Peter?

I have had the exact same problem & have not found a answer to it yet. I've tried everything and am at a loss. 

Suggested posts