Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred playlist won't update

Starred playlist won't update

Hey there; I'm using Spotify now since a while and have starred a couple of hundreds of tracks at that time. I've discovered that at some point Spotify automatically generated a playlist called "Starred" containing all these tracks I've starred. Awesome. Now I see the number of tracks haven't changed since a while, though I have starred more tracks meanwhile. How do I get this list updated with newly starred tracks and how do I get rid of those I've unstarred? Thanks for support!

2 Replies

I've got quite a similar problem. Although I have the most recent PC and Android versions of Spotify, I've been also listening to music using some more obsolete versions at DENON CEOL PICCOLO N-5 and Parrot Asteroid SMART (which I bought for my car PRIMARLY because of Spotify).

So until August (I guess) I had a playlist called "Favourites" at new-Spotify devices (PC and Android), and STARRED at old-Spotify devices (car and Denon). Both had been miraculously synced until then.

Since August though, they kind of split their ways, and when I star something in car, it won't appear in Favourites on PC, and when I add something to Favourites on PC/phone - it won't appear in the STARRED playlist.

The only workaround I found so far is to delete the Spotify account on Denon/Parrot, clear all the cached files, and add the account again. It syncs coorrectly at the first time, but that's that.

Dear Spotify, don't forget about devices running your old software ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tech support? Community? Anyone? Help?

Suggested posts