Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop certain followers to access my playlists

Solved!

Stop certain followers to access my playlists

Hi, I have shared in the past some playlist with some Spotify users but I would like now to have those playlist private. Can I select which users can access the playlist.
If I make the playlist private will everyone stopped accessing the playlist or only new Spotify users won't be able to see it.

I'm looking forward in hearing from you

Thanks

M

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mikkael,

First make sure to uncheck "Automatically make new playlist public" in Social under Preferences ( Edit - > Preferences for Windows and Spotify -> Preferences for MAC  ). 

Now you can make a copy of the previous playlist like that:

1. Create new playlist
  2. Go to old playlist and select all songs ( ctrl + a ) 
  3. Add to playlist and highlight the newly created playlist
  4. Delete the old playlist

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @mikkael,

Unfortunately, at the moment, you can't select which users can access the playlist. If you make the playlist private, the playlist will be still accessible for the followers and everyone that has a direct link to it.

hi, thank you for your reply. So, next question is how can I change the direct link to the track ? I'm happy to rename he playlist I that can get me a new link.
Other option would be to duplicate the playlist, rename it something completely different and delete the original playlist ?? Would that work ? Many thanks
Marked as solution

Hey @mikkael,

First make sure to uncheck "Automatically make new playlist public" in Social under Preferences ( Edit - > Preferences for Windows and Spotify -> Preferences for MAC  ). 

Now you can make a copy of the previous playlist like that:

1. Create new playlist
  2. Go to old playlist and select all songs ( ctrl + a ) 
  3. Add to playlist and highlight the newly created playlist
  4. Delete the old playlist

Thanks for the reply.

Suggested posts