Free

Country

UK

Device

Google Home, Android, iPad & PC

Operating System

(iOS 12, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Irrespective of device, whenever  I start playing any album or playlist. Spotify freezes after an advert is playing - In this case The Clash Documentary.  It does not matter wich device or group I am listening on.  Spotify then feezes and I cant rewind or play any new tricks.

Thanks

18 Replies

Re: Stops working after advert

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @maytree39, help's here. 

If we understand you correctly, this happens after all ads and across all devices. If so, let's try a couple of things:

• Restart your router
  • Make sure to play the ad in front of you, so you see it, and don't hide it somehow. See if that works out better.
  • Connect to another network
  • Make sure you don't have any ad blockers enabled

Keep us posted!

JemiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Use the force, Harry" - Gandalf

Clmorgan39
Casual Listener

I am also having same problem with Clash advertising just will not clear down, I've re installed, logged in n out, upgraded to premium and still only get Clash advertising!!!!

Clmorgan39
Casual Listener

Have just re set my Google mini and all working fine once again!!! Maybe worth a try if casting to another device

maytree39
Casual Listener

Hi, It’s not working for me, I’ve restarted everything, now I cant get past one song before The Clash trailer plays, then freezes again

Diddyvix

Same, except mine is always after the Jet2Citybreak advert

royetg
Casual Listener

I had the same problem with the Clash advert.  I switched off my router for a while and then tried again.  First time, the Clash advert played again.  I then left it overnight and the next day it was fine - no Clash advert any more.

Hey @maytree39 and @Diddyvix,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd like to find out if this is account related. Do you have the chance to try a different account? A friend or family members for example.

Let us know what the result is.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

comeongrabyourf
Regular
I tried to "Like" and "Me too" this, but the buttons aren't working. This is happening to me—Windows 10, Chrome. I have to close the tab and open a new one.
spotify:user:comeongrabyourfriends

tsuffield

I have exactly the same issue on both PC (Chrome via webplayer) and on my Google Home. It crashes after ads, not every ad but frequently. In the webplayer this can be solved by closing and reopening the tab, on the Google Home you can't play any more Spotify until the next day.

Surely you must have a fix for this by now?

SUGGESTED POSTS